Del Rey, CA, USA
The Wonderful Company
*Relocation package available. We’re located just outside of Fresno, CA.
Join the #1 pomegranate brand! POM Wonderful is the world’s largest integrated producer of Wonderful variety pomegranates, renowned for their unique combination of ruby-red color, delicious taste and antioxidants. We offer a complete family of healthy fruit, arils, juices, teas and pomegranate-based supplements. POM Wonderful grows and harvest every pomegranate we sell — so nothing comes between you and your family’s fruit and juice. The result is delicious pomegranate products, packed with flavor and wonderfully nutritious.
In a new role, we are hiring a Logistics Manager, a key member of plant operations, to be responsible for managing all external transportation and warehousing operations for POM. The Logistics Manager works closely with Sales and Customer Service to ensure that product is efficiently and effectively transported and stored across POM’s 3rd party logistics network.
As this is a leadership role, we’re seeking a manager to recommend, design, and implement new processes, reports, KPI’s, audits and contracts. A knowledgeable collaborator to advise us on industry best practices and lead us to be a more efficient and successful business.
This is an opportunity to join a high-growth entrepreneurial company that is fully backed by The Wonderful Company (privately-held and vertically-aligned) with full support resources. An opportunity to be a part of larger eco-system and partner together with logistics leaders at our other businesses. An opportunity to be a builder and make a direct impact by implementing new processes. And as first in the role, will have opportunity to shape the position as your own. Curious to hear more?
Here’s What You’ll Do:
- Lead transportation and warehousing team and 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) partners to ensure product reaches customers on-time and in-full, with no interruption of cold-chain across the network
- Develop and implement an end-to-end logistics strategy for the company, including written policies and procedures for all operation
- Ensure flawless execution of finished product distribution by working closely with all internal and external partners stakeholders, including all internal functions and all 3PL partners
- Continuously evaluate and improve systems and processes with 3PLs to drive increased performance and efficiency
- Prepare annual budgets and provide regular updates on performance against budget
- Ensure that food and plant safety is maintained at all times (both internally and across 3PLs) and foster a safety culture, including participating in regular food and plant safety audits (if required)
- Lead contact for 3PLs (Distribution Centers and Transportation providers) that control the execution of the delivery orders to customers, to meet all requested delivery dates from customers on-time and in-full
- Ensure flawless inbound/outbound of finished goods to DCs; ensuring that Customers’ expectations are met through continuous communication, reporting and review with all stakeholders
- Develop a robust 3PL management and contracting strategy to balance delivery, service and cost in alignment with company goals
- Lead any audit activities within any 3PL partners and be responsible for no defect findings. Communicate, manage and correct all type of deviations and instantaneously update the business process to prevent from reoccurrence.
- Manage strategic partnership with 3PLs and drive continuous improvements for distribution
Planning and Reporting
- Establish key logistics metrics to manage operations of the function and report status and progress, including analyzing trends over time
- Handle all customer service compliance in regard to shipment deviations, damage, and error
- Analyze, monitor & report transportation/logistics spend across the business on a regular basis and develop actions to reduce spend
- Work with Sales and Operations teams to ensure changes (e.g., new products, new customers, new services, new 3PL providers, etc.) are smoothly and efficiently integrated in the logistics network without interrupting supply to customers
Here’s What You’ll Bring To The Table:
- Focus on customer service; meeting needs accurately and efficiently
- Strong communications (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Proactivity and ability to manage conflict
- Self-starter with initiative to drive change in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving mindset
- Ability to travel as needed to visit 3P distribution centers, transportation providers & customer logistics locations
Required Education & Experience:
- Experience with cold-chain products required
- 5+ year of Transportation and Warehousing experience in a medium or large size company
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of distribution, transportation, warehousing, cold chain, freight management, budgeting, people management, project management.
- Lean/Six Sigma training and experience
- Continuous Improvement/Lean skills
- Experience in Food Safety and Audits
- Proficiency in Oracle or other ERP
- Proficiency in Excel
- Lean/Six Sigma training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in, Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Administration, Engineering or related field
Here’s what we bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits packing including Medical (with 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Access to fully Equipped Onsite Gym & Cafe
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Work life balance.
- Collaborative team
- Relocation package available
POM Wonderful is the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the United States as well as the worldwide leader in fresh California pomegranates and pomegranate-based products, including our 100% pomegranate juices, teas and innovative juice blends sold in the iconic double-bubble bottle. With nearly two million pomegranate trees in Central California, we grow, handpick and juice our own pomegranates to ensure the highest quality. By managing the entire production process from tree to bottle, POM Wonderful guarantees that our products come from only one source–100% California-grown POM Wonderful pomegranates. Sold throughout the world and in the vast majority of North American retailers, our selection of products includes pomegranate-based juices and teas, fresh fruit when in season, and fresh arils, as well as industrial products such as juice concentrate and pomegranate extract.
POM Wonderful is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 8,500 employees worldwide. We’ve made Wonderful Pistachios one of America’s top-selling salty snacks. We’ve turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California’s top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world’s largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents. To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com. The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.