177 Georgia Avenue, Providence, RI, USA
Ira Green, Inc
Supervises and coordinates all logistics activities, operations, and staff to ensue conformance to established procedures; implements lean practices that improve the effectiveness and financial performance of the supply chain.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Support lean manufacturing by maintaining a clean and organized department, per 5S audits and requirements.
- Analyze department jobs to estimate worker hours and create and carry out schedules that meet both internal and external business needs;
- Maintain departmental visual boards to plan, organize and schedule work to meet assigned departmental schedules and productivity goals;
- Schedule deliveries and pickups with transportation companies or internal staff
- Use computer systems to monitor performance levels and quality of orders
- Coordinate inventory adjustments with Management
- Direct and coordinate order processing and shipment activities
- Direct and coordinate material receiving and warehouse activities
- Coordinate and carry out cycle count efforts
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve the process flow of picking, packing and shipping of customer orders
- Ensure verification process and quality practices for logistics processes
- Analyze and resolve work problems. Assist workers in resolving work problems;
- Maintain time, attendance and production records for assigned departments;
- Promotes safety throughout department and directs safety training to comply with company’s policies
- Develop justifications for tools and processes to improve quality, cost, and cycle times;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or at least 1 year of related supervisory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer skills required: electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.;
- Strong inventory control, organizational, problem-solving, communication and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Experience is manufacturing is a plus.
Ira Green, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Logistics Supervisor (177 Georgia Avenue, Providence, RI, USA) ]