Bretton Woods, Carroll, NH, USA
Omni Mount Washington Resort
The Loss Prevention officer is responsible for ensuring that the hotel guest, associates, and hotel property are maintained in a safe and secure environment.
Job Duties are as follows:
Performs Loss Prevention rounds of the hotel as follows:
a. All restaurants
b. All lobby areas and the Associates Entrance Garage
c. Convention Center/Presidential Wing
d. All guest floors
e. Executive Offices
f. Service levels. (Heart of the House areas)
• Visits all locations requiring special attention as frequently as required.
• Responds immediately to those emergency incidents and Loss Prevention requests to which is assigned.
• Ensures maximum guest, associates, and hotel safety and Loss Prevention at all times.
• Is courteous, tactful, and helpful, but firm in enforcing hotel policies and procedures.
• Reports in writing on all activities during each shift before leaving the hotel, with oral reports and emergency notifications delivered as directed by the established Loss Prevention procedures.
• Performs duties as assigned by the Loss Prevention Manager, Director of Rooms and responds to direction from any Executive Committee member or Assistant Manager.
• Creates and maintains the highest standards of Loss Prevention at all times, being professional in attitude, appearance, and application.
• Checks associates leaving and entering the hotel at the beginning and end of shift, or at any time when an associate leaves the hotel. Collects all package passes and inspects parcels taken from the hotel. ( to be implemented)
• Monitors the Loss Prevention of the receiving dock. ( when applicable)
• Confiscates all unauthorized parcels etc., and notifies the Loss Prevention Manager and the appropriate department head.
• Monitors heart of house/subway as much as possible to ensure only associates are permitted. Any Salesmen, job applicants or vendors need to have approval from departmental leader to enter building through the heart of the house-otherwise those individuals should use the front entrance. EXCEPTION: Job applicants should always use the side entrance to the ASC corridor.
• Does not leave assigned station unless properly relieved as specified by the Loss Prevention Manager. Performs all necessary clerical requirements of the Loss Prevention Department under the supervision of the Director of Loss Prevention. This includes filing, processing work orders, ordering supplies, maintaining necessary schedules, and posting bulletin board information.
• Protects hotel from admission of undesirables and others not conducting legitimate business within the premises.
Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
• Makes rounds throughout the resort including Bretton Arms Inn/The Lodge/Ski Mountain and the Townhomes
• Understands and energizes Safety Awareness with all associates
Omni Hotels and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.