Wareham, MA, United States
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for leading through PharmaCann’s mission, vision, and values in order to develop a high-performing team that consistently delivers top-line sales growth.
The Assistant General Manager in partnership of the General Manager leads a team of Managers who specialize in DOR’s (division of responsibility) and is accountable for all aspects of managing a single retail store (as well as all other projects/duties as assigned).
This leader drives the business through a DOR focus on Customer Experience (customer service, sales training, product knowledge, loyalty and leadership development), Product (visual presentation, product performance and promotions), and Operations (receiving orders, policy and procedures, expense control, compliance, and loss prevention). This position requires a passion for process excellence, a drive for results, and the ability to lead and influence.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for overseeing the financial success of the store and has full P&L responsibility. The Assistant General Manager is responsible for responding to business needs and strategizing around business trends in order to drive profitable top line sales growth.
The Assistant General Manager must also have experience in assessing, recruiting and screening talent.
Duties and responsibilities
● Meet or exceed goals related to total store sales, profitability, and operational excellence.
● Forecast and adjust payroll to maximize productivity, achieve sales & payroll goals, and complete workload.
● Build a team that embodies the PharmaCann brand by delivering exceptional service and driving customer loyalty therefore increasing return visits.
● Review and interpret financial and operational reporting regularly, including store visit and audit results.
● Identify underperforming metrics and develop strategies that leverage company programs, tools, and resources to improve and grow the business.
● Create and ensure a cohesive work environment.
● Recruit, interview, hire , and retain a diverse team of top talent.
● Align the right people in the right roles, specifically the management DOR program.
● Train, coach, and develop all team members using company programs, tools, and resources.
● Create an environment that inspires and encourages the growth and engagement of associates.
● Model an environment of open communication by sharing enterprise strategy and corporate messaging to associates.
● Promote a culture of teamwork by working alongside the management team, establishing priorities, and providing clear direction.
● Be knowledgeable of and analyze compliance audit data to ensure compliance with PharmaCann policies, regulations, procedures, and compliance standards.
● Use the company’s scheduling tool as directed to schedule the right associates in the right places, at the right times in order to provide an exceptional customer experience, reduce loss, and execute company directives. Partner with co-managers on hospitality and operational scheduling needs.
● Protect company assets and minimize loss by ensuring all store standards and operating procedures are met, including workplace safety, inventory control, compliance and loss prevention.
● Performance management and coaching of team members on poor performance and violation of company and compliance policies in partnership with the General Manager and HRBP.
● Support continuous improvement by implementing company programs and influencing end-user’s buy in.
● The Assistant General Manager may perform other related duties as required by the Company, field leadership, and especially with regard to serving the customer.
● Minimum 21 years of age
● Associate’s Degree as a minimum, Bachelor’s in business or operations management or a related field preferred.
● 5+ years of managerial experience in a retail-based industry with a customer-centric approach is preferred.
● Demonstrated ability to achieve individual selling goals and metrics
● Proven ability to drive sales results, able to analyze selling reports, identify business trends and react quickly to the needs of the business
● Comfortable and confident making decisions and mediating conflict within a team environment
● Ability to address complex issues and allocate time to execute multiple tasks and changing priorities.
● Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
● Ability to identify top talent and train/develop/retain great people.
● Proficient in windows – based software such as Excel, Word and Outlook
● Business Acumen
● Communication Proficiency
● Ethical Conduct
● Relationship Management
● Performance Management
● Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
● Consulting Skills
● Global & Cultural Awareness
This job operates in a professional retail store environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers. This position regularly requires a flex schedule, long hours, weekend work and holiday availability. Ability to travel to other store locations (if needed) and attend district meetings.
Ability to bend, lift, open and move product and fixtures up to 50 lbs., as needed
Ability to climb step stools and ladders
Ability to stand/walk for long periods at a time
Possess manual dexterity and hand – eye coordination
This position manages all employees of each DOR department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
PharmaCann, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age disability or genetics. We value diversity, military service, and law enforcement experience. Compensation is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [MA – Retail Assistant General Manager (Wareham, MA, United States) ]