177 Georgia Avenue, Providence, RI, USA
Ira Green, Inc
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes various types of manual and numerically controlled machine shop equipment to perform machining operations on all types of materials including but not limited to ferrous and nonferrous metals, nonmetallic materials, their alloys, and synthetic materials.
- Works from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, drawings, and blueprints; performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work, tooling, speeds, and feeds of machining.
- Uses a wide variety of precision measuring instruments; maintains accurate dimensional tolerances based upon drawings.
- Selects the appropriate cutting tools to maximize efficiency and ensure quality of product.
- Sets up and operates a variety of machines including but not limited to lathes, mills, jig borers, and precision grinders to perform multiple machining operations and ensure the proper utilization of equipment and material.
- Suggests changes in design involving productivity and process of manufacture to proper staff.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of industry, machinery, and techniques.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of all applicable safety regulations and considerations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent from a Technical/Trade school preferred.
- One to Two years related experience or equivalent.
- Understanding of blueprints.
- Excellent communication and basic math skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to work on complex projects with general direction and minimal guidance.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand any and all safety requirements and cautions
- Ability to perform the physical labor necessary
Ira Green, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Machinist Apprentice (177 Georgia Avenue, Providence, RI, USA) ]