Clark, CO (17 miles north of Steamboat Springs, CO)
Glen Eden Resort
Glen Eden Resort
17 miles north of Steamboat Springs, CO
Accountable to: General Manager
Primary Objective of Position: To perform a wide variety of operational and maintenance duties with minimal supervision on Glen Eden Resort property; in and around Glen Eden buildings, structures, owner buildings and grounds. Assist the General Manager on a daily basis and maintain on-call night service when required to do so.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Manages the maintenance and operation of resort properties and facilities; provides support to resort General Manager on special work initiatives and needs.
- Provides training and direction to seasonal staff to effectively accomplish ongoing maintenance duties and assigned projects.
- Coordinates and manages special service work with outside contractors for facility and property needs.
- Maintains the safe use of equipment
- Maintains water and sewage systems in a manner that complies with Routt County Health Department standards
- Perform maintenance on interior roads, pathways to homes and facilities, parking areas, water systems, and recreational areas.
- Interacts with guest and cabin owners as needed.
- Ensures that pool, tennis courts, playground, lower glen and all common areas are clean and well-maintained.
2 Skills required include a general understanding of home repairs and ability to complete repairs in a timely and cost-effective manner. Other skills may be required as necessary
- Light electrical and plumbing work
- Pool and spa maintenance
- Water and sewer infrastructure
- Painting, drywall and light carpentry
- Grounds maintenance and landscaping
- Irrigation and sprinkler knowledge
- Yard and grounds equipment operation and maintenance
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and perform manual labor
3 Oversees the planning, development and implementation of maintenance management
- Develops day to day plan for accomplishing needed tasks
- Ensures a safe, clean and well-maintained resort
- Maintains inventory and other necessary supplies; keeps record of such
- Attends Board Meetings when requested
4 Organizes and provides maintenance support for special groups and other programs and initiatives as assigned
- Coordinates maintenance activities with wedding parties, restaurant requests and special groups utilizing the Resort
- Develops, maintains and coordinates cooperative relationships with outside agencies and businesses that can assist in resort maintenance needs
5 Implements and enforces sound safety practices and risk management programs which create a safe facility
- Ensures the pool, tennis courts, hot tub, play area and common areas are safe and well-maintained
- Evaluates and recommends actions to insure the safety of the property and resort guests
- Evaluates the condition and need of tools and equipment; recommends replacement and coordinates purchases as necessary
6 Additional skills and responsibilities
- Provide information related to maintenance in preparation for the annual budget
- Work extended hours as required
- Work well and coordinate with other Resort employees as a team effort
- Be able to function without direct supervision
- Tolerate inclement weather conditions and work extensively outdoors
- Salary range $39,000 – 45,000 plus benefits. Negotiable on experience and qualifications
8 Other requirements
- Successful candidate will be subject to a background check and may undergo random drug testing
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Maintenance Manager – Glen Eden Resort ]