Sheboygan, WI, USA
HSM is seeking a Set Up Person (Maintenance Mechanic) for our Sheboygan, WI location. This Mechanic ensures and supports the flow of innerspring unit machines, and provides preventative maintenance. Performs various manual tasks to repair, build and overhaul various types of machinery and equipment throughout the plant.
• Answers trouble lights, determines problems with assembly machine and make adjustments as needed.
• Performs assembly machine setups according to specifications.
• Monitors coil size and quality.
• Lubricate machine parts as needed.
• Provide back-up coils baskets to assembly operators.
• Assures all machines have back-up coil and helical wire near machine.
• Setup coreless wire reels as needed.
• Measures units and checks quality of units produced.
• Tag partially used rolls of wire when removing from machine.
• Monitor status of open machines and reassure they are prepared to run if needed.
• Performs major coiler machine setups according to specifications. (Ex. changes the setting of a coiler from a 5 turn coil to a 6 turn coil).
• Performs advanced diagnostics of a coiler. (Ex. determines if a coiler has a faulty valve or bearing that prohibits the manufacture of a quality coil).
• Performs advanced tuning of coilers. (Ex. completes re-timing of a coiler when cams are changed).
• Independently performs advanced maintenance repair of assemblers and coilers. (Ex. finger shaft replacement or chuck repair).
• .1-2 years experience in repairing and maintaining a variety of machinery
• Strong verbal and interpersonal skills.
• Forklift certified.
• Ability to stand, bend at waist, stretch or reach, walk, and twist frequently.
• Ability to put parts together using vision and touch.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to pull and apply up to 50 pounds.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Maintenance Mechanic ]