Blue Bell, PA
Montgomery County Community College
Montgomery County Community College invites applications for the Manager of Veterans Services position. The Manager of Veterans Services is responsible for managing the delivery of college-wide student recruitment, entry, support and success services to Veterans, military personnel and their dependents. The Manager of Veterans Services provides support and leadership for student success initiatives related to strategic planning, retention, staff development and will support the College’s strategic goals related to retention, persistence, and completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Establish a strong partnership with Admissions and Recruitment staff for the coordination and implementation of recruitment initiatives, admissions events, and the college visit programs intended to enhance the College’s recruitment efforts and increase prospective student enrollment of Veterans, military personnel, and their dependents.
· Coordinate, in collaboration with other college departments, all aspects of enrollment for veterans, reservists and active-duty personnel including, student recruitment, admissions, financial aid, student services, academic advisement, registration, career services, and record keeping. Facilitate opportunities for Prior Learning Assessment (PLA), and other sources of possible credit.
· Serve as the VA Certifying Official for the College. Process VA benefits applications; ensure applications for veterans and military educational benefits are processed accurately and in a timely fashion and works closely with financial aid and student accounts to coordinate benefits for military personnel.
· Manages the direct enrollment and payment process in conjunction with the Bursar and Registrar offices to the PA Department of Education, Department of Veterans Affairs, and other Veteran’s agencies. This also includes direct GI Bill certification processing, National Guard Education Assistance Program EAP, Military Family Education Plan (MFEP), and Active-Duty Tuition Assistance (TA). Sends our correspondences to students in relation to various Veteran agencies regarding financial obligations and financial eligibility. Provides oversite of internal audit to ensure financial and enrollment processes are followed.
· Provide oversight of the Veterans Resource Center for the college and local community. Develop and implement veteran academic and professional development opportunities to inform and engage student veterans on education and career opportunities, veteran-related services, and events; Promote the use of the Veterans Resource Center by conducting marketing and outreach activities, working closely with the Marketing team to develop and implement a program to build awareness of the College and its veterans.
· Submits verification for attendance of all veterans, dependents of veterans and active-duty personnel to the Veterans Administration each term. Reports changes in student status in compliance with federal regulations.
· Collaborates with and serves as a resource to the faculty advisor and student leaders of the student Veterans Club.
· Serve as a liaison between College and the US Department of Veterans Administration, PA Department of Education, other governmental agencies, and the community concerning military and veteran education programs.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with partners including HS Junior ROTC programs, local VA groups and other public and private community-based organizations, community leaders, and members to help facilitate community development and admissions/recruitment initiatives.
· Reviews State and Federal government regulations pertaining to education benefits for military personnel. Recommends necessary changes to the College policy and implements procedures to comply with regulations.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Education/Training/Work Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Psychology, Social Work, Education, Counseling, Student Personnel Services, or related field required; Master’s Degree preferred.
· Three (3) years of related experience in higher education experience is preferred.
· Demonstrated experience working with and advising veterans, preferably in an educational or academic setting, and understanding of military culture and the normative issues of re-integration to civilian life for both combat and non-combat veterans required. Veteran preferred.
1. Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
· Familiarity with the governmental processes and regulations that impact the educational pursuits of members of the military and veterans.
· Ability to represent the College within the academic and military/veteran community, and the ability to work independently and in a collaborative manner with all levels of professional and support staff.
· Demonstrated knowledge of veteran educational benefits.
· Demonstrated experience working with and advising veterans, preferably in an educational or academic setting, and working knowledge of career and student development theories required.
· Knowledge of and familiarity with the sociology and experience of veterans.
· Proficient with the use of technology including Microsoft Office applications and social media.
· Ability to work in a team environment and able to interact with government officials, students, faculty, senior administrators of the college, and the community.
· Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills required.
· Ability to plan and supervise work of assistants.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
· Ability to review and prepare accurate, detailed documents.
· Excellent organizational and decision-making skills and be effective with limited supervision.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Manager of Veterans Services (Blue Bell, PA) ]