Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Join our talented team of great coworkers and work for the largest beer company on the planet! Anheuser-Busch is hiring a Mechanical Maintenance Tech for the Los Angeles Brewery.
Our Supply group is responsible for brewing, packaging, and shipping the famous Budweiser beer. They also oversee aluminum can manufacturing, barley fields, hop farms and a rice mill. Life in the brewery is non-stop action with high-speed lines, tight production schedules and unbelievably high-quality standards. This is a place where we measure productivity in seconds, not hours, days or weeks. Paramount in all of this is a commitment to safety above all else and social responsibility. 99.8% of everything that enters our breweries is either completely used in the process or recycled. We also dedicate those big, high-speed lines to help our communities during times of disaster by packaging cans of emergency drinking water. Our customers expect the best and the Supply team provides it.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Promote and adhere to all plant safety and quality requirements for all plant personnel
- Complete assigned work efficiently and per Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Work in a team or autonomously to complete work orders and provide mechanical support
- Actively work with team members on root-cause analysis and implementation
- Lead process improvement and initiate change
- Analyze process data and make decisions on equipment maintenance and improvement activities
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair equipment, disassembling and reassembling of machinery, overhaul gearboxes, replace bearings, bushings, etc.
- Disassemble, repair, and reassemble equipment, using precision measurement tools
- Support machining, tooling and fabrication needs for the plant
- Perform additional responsibilities and other tasks as assigned.
- 24/7 operation – 3 shifts: 10:30pm -6:30am; 6:30am-2:30pm; 2:30pm-10:30pm
2020 Average Total Compensation (base, OT, bonus, vacation, sick, holiday, etc.) – $107,655
Pay Rate: $34.53/hour
2x rate on Saturdays, Sundays, and Holidays
Full benefits are administered through the Union
Anheuser-Busch offers a 401k package for employees in addition to Union benefits
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 5-7 years of experience as a machinist or 2-year technical degree strongly preferred
- Ability to work off shifts (afternoons and midnights), overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary. Must be able to work in varying temperatures and climates.
- Knowledge of safety policies and procedures is required (e.g. lock out/tag out, confined space)
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to perform weld using various techniques including Stick, TIG and MIG
- Knowledge of common machining tools including lathes, mills, presses, and grinders
- Ability to rebuild and repair gearboxes, pumps, and other manufacturing equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot problems, identify root causes (e.g. six sigma analysis) and propose and implement remedies
- Strong computer skills required; Microsoft Office Excel proficiency as well as Computerized Maintenance management Systems experience preferred
- Highly motivated, self-directed, worker that is able to work autonomously in a fast paced an often loud food production environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work effectively in a team environment with people of varying skills and backgrounds
- Electrical troubleshooting experience in high speed packaging and/or highly automated continuous process environment preferred
Founded more than 165 years ago, Anheuser-Busch is one of America’s most iconic companies and the undisputed leader of the U.S. beer industry, with brands such as Budweiser, Bud Light, Michelob Ultra, Stella Artois and many more. We are proud of our history and heritage and remain committed to brewing the great-tasting, high-quality beers that have satisfied beer drinkers for generations. And we are leading the industry into the future by growing beyond beer to offer new beverages for every person, for every occasion.
Today, we are 18,000 colleagues strong—spread out across the country, united by a deep passion for making great products and an unwavering commitment to supporting the communities that we call home.
Our teams work tirelessly, pushing boundaries and embracing new technologies so that we can continue to brew, package, transport, and deliver our more than 100 brands in the most efficient and sustainable ways possible.
Dreaming big is in our DNA and today, we are writing the next chapter in Anheuser-Busch’s great history – one of growth, innovation, responsibility and sustainability. And one that will help us achieve our mission of bringing people together for the next 165 years and beyond. We hope you will consider joining us on this mission!
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Mechanical Maintenance Tech (Van Nuys, Los Angeles, CA, USA) ]