Grafton, WI, USA
Young Innovations – Microbrush Int.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Mold Technician will be responsible for maintaining the control of processes in injection molding. Will provide support to the execution of the production schedule including everything from component changes, setups and startups.
Young Innovations is a leading designer, manufacturer, and marketer of consumables, instruments, and other items used in the dental industry. The products we create begin as a bright idea either from within our organization, backed by extensive research and development, or are generated by clinical professionals worldwide. Every product we manufacture is subject to strict quality control measures before being made available to a dental office. The result is a high-quality product that provides clinical benefits to the patient while providing efficacy, reliability, and comfort to the dental professional. Microbrush is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. and covers a broad portfolio of market-leading products across a variety of dental categories.
• Directing and monitoring the execution of the production schedule as well as performing mold and/or material changes as dictated by the schedule
• Performing process troubleshooting, part inspections and various other functions to ensure part conformity and quality
• Verifying paperwork for jobs and completion of inspections at startup of jobs and in process inspections
• Monitoring and preparing support equipment as needed in the production area
• Ensure injection molding machines and connected automated systems are set to regulation parameters, quality standards, and meet all production goals
• Read blueprints and measure product with calipers
• Design, form, clean, smooth, and position molds and cores
• Troubleshoot molding machines and equipment
• Other duties may be assigned as required
RELATED DUTIES: Continues to update job knowledge through cross-training as requested. Performs related duties as required.
• High school diploma required
• Minimum 4 years of practical, hands on experience with injection machine processing, mold setting, and secondary equipment operation; or equivalent combination of education and experience required
• Experience working with Plastic Injection Molding is preferred
• Experience with and knowledge of star automation robotics training highly preferred but not required
• Strong mechanical aptitude
• Motivated, goal-driven, with a dedication to constant improvement
• Previous experience working in a fast-paced, multi-level, project based environment with emphasis on timelines and cost
• Ability to read measuring devices, i.e. micrometer, calipers, etc.
• Must be able to read and interpret blue prints
• Must be able to use a personal computer
Ability to sit, stand, and walk on a varying basis throughout work schedule. Able to carry and/or lift up to 50 lbs.
Manufacturing plant environment with some variations in temperature, fumes, noise, dust and atmospheric conditions.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Mold Technician, 2nd Shift – Sign-On Bonus! (Grafton, WI, USA) ]