Midland, TX, USA
NGL Pipeline Technician
Are you looking for a new opportunity where you’ll bring excitement and a strong willingness to learn? Are you trying to start your career in the oil and gas industry but are worried about the ups and downs? Well look no further because DCP Midstream is a stable oil and gas company that is willing to train!
About DCP Midstream:
DCP Midstream is the largest processor of natural gas and natural gas liquids producer, working to ensure that the country has clean energy to warm homes, manufacture goods, and produce consumer products. We are a “must-run” company, and as such, we offer an increased level of stability. We are committed to greatness in everything we do – from operating efficiently, reliably, and safely to being a responsible community partner. Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, DCP Midstream operates assets in 17 states.
We Offer Some Great Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential
- Outstanding 401k plan with company match
- Comprehensive medical, dental, & vision insurance benefits
- Employee-matching charitable gifts program
- And more!
The Pipeline Technician is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the equipment in their geographic area of responsibility. The role is a generalist position, intended to be qualified to perform the majority of maintenance, measurement, and repair tasks.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Maintain PLC, HMI equipment, software, pipeline valves and actuators.
- Maintain and repair motor control equipment
- Promotes good relations between the company, customers and the landowners.
- Maintain close contact with the Area Supervisor in regards to equipment trouble reports and scheduled equipment maintenance to ensure minimum interruption of product throughout.
- Maintenance and repair of prime mover and pumps.
- Sampling and testing of product streams for quality control and accurate measurement.
- Maintains facility appearance and safety through good housekeeping practices.
- Participates in available cross training to effectively develop skills in themselves and peers.
- Knowledgeable of environmental regulations and company policy concerning handling and disposal of hazardous substances.
- One Calls- Protecting the pipeline from third party damage.
- Maintain, calibrate and repair measurement equipment (including meters, provers, flow computers, etc.)
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- 1+ years of applicable experience on NGL Pipeline Operations ideal, but willing to train those with the right attitude
- Prior military experience helpful
- Currently live or willing to relocate within 35 miles of reporting location
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license
Apply online here, and we’ll be in touch ASAP to discuss whether this opportunity could be the right fit for you.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of DCP Midstream not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status