Austin, TX, USA
Apogee Telecom, Inc.
We’re Apogee. Nice to meet you. At our core, we’re a student services organization that happens to focus on IT. We touch the lives of binge-watching, music-loving, game-playing, finals-taking, seminar-attending, class-selecting students by providing IT infrastructure that meets the needs of today’s technology-savvy generation.
We work hard, celebrate success and challenge everyone in our organization to be a problem solver. If you are as passionate as we are about the intersection of technology and education, join us today.
We are currently recruiting for a Network Support Engineer in Austin, TX. Your primary responsibility will be as a tier-3 support engineer in a fast-paced operations environment with some occasional project engineering work. You’ll need a solid background in supporting large Campus/Enterprise networks, and have a customer service mindset. You’ll support a diverse base of customers, including non-technical users, and you’ll need to know when to speak geek and when not to. We believe there is a tremendous opportunity for someone with the right skills and business acumen to excel within our company.
Here’s your job:
- Resolve simple to complex network outages and service interruptions with little supervision
- Provide timely and accurate ticket updates to appropriate stakeholders
- Provide end to end network documentation
- Must be able to participate in a 24x7x365 on-call support environment
- Follow MAC procedures and other departments SOPs
- Liaison between engineering group and client staff – both technical and non-technical personnel
- Work closely with project management staff to meet project milestones
- Develop and apply testing and troubleshooting plans
- Manage and test ILEC/CLEC circuit cut-over and upgrades
- May require performing onsite surveys for both wired and wireless access
- Physical installation of core network components (racking and stacking), configure, turn-up and testing
- Work in a group/team setting
This is the experience you should walk in knowing how to do:
- Complete understanding of escalation, incident management, and change management processes and procedures of the NOC.
- Experienced supporting large enterprise and campus LANs
- Experienced supporting large enterprise and campus Wi-Fi/WLANs
- Experienced supporting a BGP environment and other routing protocols (Static, EIGRP and OSPF)
- Experienced supporting Radius, DHCP, and DNS servers
- Experienced with Large Scale NAT or Carrier Grade NAT appliances and Load Balancers
- Strong customer facing skills and business etiquette
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work independently and maintain fast-paced milestones and deliverables
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, IT, or related field
- CCNA Certification or better
- A Wireless Certification (CWNA/CWNP, Cisco, or Aruba)
You’ll love this job if this describes you:
- Problem Solving. You aren’t satisfied until you’ve completely solved a problem, and you take time to get it right, look beyond the obvious, and deliver correct and honest assessments and answers.
- Self Development. You are personally and professionally committed to continuous improvement. You take a whole approach to learning: books and academics, experience at work, and learning from your peers
- Technical Aptitude. Some projects we take on have subtle differences, and others present obstacles we haven’t faced yet. You’re able to apply your baseline of knowledge and natural technical aptitude to help you on easy tasks and challenging issues.
- Team. There’s a lot of room for individual success, but it all starts at the core, a strong team. You demonstrate open, positive communication, listen to others, and encourage group troubleshooting.
- High-Quality Standards. This is a high impact, highly visible position. You have internal and external clients depending on the quality of work you deliver (never mind the financial impact of low quality). You care about your work and your customers.
Some important details about this job.
Location. This is a full-time role with Apogee. We’re headquartered in Austin, TX.
Travel. Minimal travel required, less than 10%.
On-call. You’ll be part of the on-call 24/7/365 rotation with your team.
Compensation. We offer good pay, great benefits, and perks. We’re a small company and you’ll soon realize you’re not a badge number here. You count.
Apogee provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Apogee complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [NOC Engineer ]