Harrisburg, PA, USA
Central PA Food Bank
Come Work for a Wonderful Non-Profit Company in Central Pennsylvania!
We are looking for an experienced full-time Nutrition Education Associate to support the nutrition education programming at the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank (CPFB). This position will provide nutrition education and health promotion activities to the diverse populations that the Food Bank serves. The Nutrition Education Associate will work closely with the Agency Services team and other Food Bank departments.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
Hunger disproportionately harms neighbors and communities that have been systemically marginalized. As we work toward a future where no one in central Pennsylvania lives with hunger, we must also work against racism and other systemic obstacles that prevent people from thriving. We will listen to and learn from members of historically under-represented groups. We will value their lived expertise and experiences as we shape our charitable food network to equitably meet the needs of our neighbors. We will ensure that our diverse community is reflected in our board of directors, management, staff, volunteers, partner organizations, and donors in a manner that upholds equity, inclusion, and belonging.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Company Paid Short-term Disability & Long-term Disability
• Paid Time Off
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Collaborate on cross-departmental initiatives to support the implementation of new and existing nutrition and health programming.
• Promote and facilitate nutrition education resources and programs, such as Feeding Pennsylvania’s PA Healthy Pantry Initiative, Supporting Wellness at Pantries (SWAP), etc.
• Conduct trainings for partner agencies on nutrition-related topics with CPFB Nutrition Educators and Nutrition Education Supervisor.
• Seek opportunities to collaborate with various CPFB departments on increasing healthy inventory.
• Support with quality control and education regarding CPFB’s nutrition ranking system, Healthy Eating Research (H.E.R.) Nutrition Guidelines.
• Prepare and update program materials, including educational content for the website. Materials and content should be culturally relevant and geared toward the needs of the population served.
• Conduct nutrition classes, cooking demonstrations, and food tastings.
• Collaborate on community health and nutrition research, data initiatives, and nutrition education resources.
• Build and enhance relationships with agencies, current and prospective nutrition education program sites.
• Participate in internal committees and workgroups as required.
• Occasionally assist with food bank events.
• Perform other duties, projects, and tasks as assigned.
• In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, CPFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
• Associate’s degree in nutrition, dietetics, health or public health, health coach, or related field.
• Additional years of experience would be considered in lieu of having an Associate’s degree.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum two (2) year experience working in a non-profit or social service/community environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Passionate about working for an organization that values and promotes equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging (EDIB). Willing to embrace the food bank’s EDIB journey.
• Ability to understand and work with the diverse dynamics of a non-profit as well as multi-cultural populations.
• Passion for the CPFB’s mission and core values.
• Spanish speaking preferred.
• Ability to work as part of a high-performance team and be a strong team player.
• Ability to work quickly under pressure to solve issues.
• Ability to work independently as well as a member of a group/team.
• Maintain required job knowledge, skills, and core professional competencies.
• Passion for customer service excellence, professional etiquette, personal boundaries, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Exhibit strong interpersonal, team building, and administrative skills.
• Ability to provide a caring and supportive personality and relate well with others.
• Must be friendly, outgoing, and comfortable speaking to people.
• Must have professional demeanor with the ability to work cooperatively across all levels of the organization.
• Ability to organize work, set priorities, exercise independent judgment, and to demonstrate flexibility in balancing the needs of various programs and staff.
• Ability to input and maintain accurate records, perform research and ability to compile data.
• Exhibit strong verbal, written, analytical, presentation, planning, time management and organizational skills. Ability to write, edit, and proofread correspondence and presentation materials for accuracy and style.
• Must be detail-oriented with the ability to plan, prioritize, take initiative, resolve problems, meet deadlines, and multi-task.
• Must be reliable, with high integrity and strong work ethic.
• Ability to attend departmental and all-staff meetings as directed, staying informed of ongoing changes in department and overall organization.
• Knowledge of the organization’s computer software and systems, including Microsoft Office Suite, department-specific software systems, telecommunications, and internet applications.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment (machines, tools, and devices) used in performing only the essential function include computer and related equipment.
Physical Requirements or Licenses:
• This position has the ability to work remote, in-office, or hybrid at the discretion of the SVP/Chief Program Officer
• Ability to successfully complete a Pennsylvania State Police Clearance, a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance obtained through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services, and a Federal Bureau of Investigation Criminal History Record Information obtained by submitting a full set of fingerprints to the Pennsylvania State Police or its authorized agent for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
• Ability to travel that may include consecutive overnight stays, and traveling by car, bus, and airplane.
• A valid driver’s license with history of a good driving record.
• Conditions may include working outside, in inclement weather, closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
• Must be able to occasionally lift or move up to 35 pounds.
• The work environment is typically quiet.
The selected applicant will join a collaborative, values-driven, dynamic team that derives joy from the work and is passionate about resourcing the work to end hunger and its root causes. The Food Bank’s work culture is progressive, forward-thinking, and equity minded. Staff have the opportunity to fully develop their potential in a variety of ways. As organizational leaders, in shaping programs and advocacy efforts and in working towards a future where no one should be hungry.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by October 13, 2023 to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Department of Human Resources, 3908 Corey Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109, or email email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and seek to bring our values of equity, diversity, and inclusion to our hiring process. Beyond our commitment to non-discrimination, we encourage
applications from applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our organization and who have lived experience of inequity.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Nutrition Education Associate (Harrisburg, PA, USA) ]