Columbus, OH, USA
Budweiser. Bud Light. Stella Artois. Michelob ULTRA. That’s right, over 100 of America’s most loved brands, to be exact. But there’s so much more to us than our top-notch portfolio of beers, seltzers, and more. We believe our people are our greatest asset, and we’re looking for people like you to join our shared dream of bringing people together for a better world. Are you up for the Challenge?
A Utility Apprentice gets the amazing opportunity to be a part of producing Ohio’s Budweiser. The Apprenticeship will allow someone to fine-tune their boiler skills, as well as learn skills in many other areas required to keep the brewery running, such as refrigeration, water, and CO2. Upon completion of the program, the apprentice will be a fully licensed Operating Engineer at the Anheuser Busch Columbus Brewery. This role is critical to keeping the operation running and to keeping our consumers happy. Without Operating Engineers in the Powerhouse, it wouldn’t be possible to continue producing Ohio’s best tasting beer!
- Operate Brewery Utilities systems including: steam, CO2 collection, ammonia refrigeration and dehumidification, compressed air, water and water treatment.
- Perform boiler water and cooling tower water chemical treatment.
- Responsible for process management, basic maintenance tasks, lubrication, housekeeping, and sanitation.
- Troubleshoot and respond to all activities that occur during shift of responsibility.
- Respond to customer department requests for assistance with Utility system optimization and/or isolation.
- Utilize Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint)
- Function in a lean manufacturing work environment using problem solving tools to optimize processes.
- The position involves rotating shift work, working weekends, and working in a quality, food-processing environment.
- 8 hour work day, on one of three shifts, 1st: 10PM to 6AM. 2nd: 6AM to 2PM. 3rd: 2PM to 10PM
- Rolling schedule: work 7 days, 1 day off, work 7, 2 off, work 7, 4 off
- Many opportunities to work overtime, include working scheduled days off.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Working towards an Ohio 3rd Class Stationary Engineer license with less than 1,000 hours to obtain license
- Ohio 3rd Class Stationary Engineer license must be obtained within 18 months of employment
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: water tube medium pressure boilers; large-scale ammonia refrigeration systems; compressed air systems; cooling tower systems; CO2 gas collection and liquefaction systems; water treatment systems.
- Applicant must have basic computer skills.
- Applicant must have a positive work attitude and be self-motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a team-oriented environment.
- Sundays paid at 2x standard wage rate.
- 2 free cases of beer per month
- Insurance for employee & eligible dependents: medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, disability starting on day 1
- Insurance sign-ups through Union
- Opportunity to join 401k program immediately
- Company match 100% on first 8%
- 3 year vesting
- Vacation accrued up to 6 weeks (1 week after 1 year of service, up to 6 weeks at 10 years of service.) Vacation days paid at 1/52 rate based on the prior calendar year earnings.
- Paid sick days up to 6 per calendar year
- 15 paid holidays
- 12 national holidays
- 2 floating holidays
- Birthday holiday
- Variable compensation program paid annually up to 5.25% of total gross wages.
- First 6 months: $23.93
- Second 6 months: $25.64
- Second year: $29.53
- Third year: $35.29 (Full Rate)
Anheuser-Busch is here for the times that matter. The moments where we celebrate, defy challenges, dream of the brighter future we are building today– and all the moments in between. We are a company that brings people together for richer conversations, sweeter celebrations and stronger communities.
Challenge Accepted! Apply Today!
As the leading global brewer, Anheuser-Busch InBev is committed to finding innovative ways to continually improve. It’s this kind of thinking that creates a unique work environment by rewarding talent, celebrating diversity and encouraging forward thinking. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Operating Engineer – Utility Apprentice (Columbus, OH, USA) ]