3959 Broadway, New York, NY, USA
East Coast Orthotic and Prosthetic Corp
Benefits offered to the Cast / Orthopedic Technician:
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans available
- FSA / Dependent FSA
- AFLAC and Allstate Plans available
- 401K Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off) and Paid Holidays
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefit
- Opportunities for internal career advancement in a growing and competitive industry
Compensation Starting at $55,000 and dependent on experience & certification. Paid an Hourly Rate and eligible for OT
COVID Vaccination mandated by NYS DOH & our affiliated hospital system. Will have to provide proof.
Position is F/T, M-F in a busy upper Manhattan (Washington Heights area) hospital’s pedicatirc orthopedic dept.
Responsibilities & Qualifications of a Cast / Orthopedic Technician:
- Pediatric experience preferred
- Performs procedures in the office or hospital setting, as prescribed by the physician and supervised by clinical manager.
- Applies, maintains and removes casts, traction and other splint or motion devices
- Administers orthotic braces and devices to clients
- Instructs, motivates, and assists clients in learning and improving functional activities.
- Instructs patient and family members on the proper use and care of casts or devices.
- Reports changes in the client’s condition to the supervising clinical manager and/or physician appropriately.
- Prepares clinical notes and progress reports, documenting treatments performed, and submits them for review to the supervising clinical manager.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Travels to various hospital campuses within the same ‘region’ as needed throughout the day and/or week
- Knowledge of Insurance a Major Plus
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and willing to work physicians’ hours
- Must be physically capable to stand for long periods of time and walk throughout the facility as needed.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Orthopedic / Cast Technician (3959 Broadway, New York, NY, USA) ]