Livermore, CA, USA
Semitorr Group Inc.
Employment: Full Time
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
Management Role: No
Reports to: VP of Micro-electronics Sales
Location & Job Specifics:
- 95% of the customers are located in the Northern California counties of San Mateo, Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, Marin and Sonoma
- Limited travel
- This position includes managing a significant amount of existing business, with a goal to grow business at existing customers and find new customers/opportunities
- Compensation is combined salary plus commission (Depends on Experience)
Customers, Industries & Products:
- Primary customer base is Semiconductor and related:
- Semiconductor Fabs & OEM/Integrators
- Other high-purity Micro-Electronics: LED, Solar, Data Storage, MEMS, Chemical Manufacturers, Labs & Universities, etc
- Products include:
- Subsystems and components primarily used for gas & chemical delivery for high purity applications: valves, tube/pipe, fittings, pumps, filtration, flow control, instrumentation
- Capital equipment and components sold primarily to engineers in a variety of applications used for process control, process optimization and cost reduction
The Technical Sales Representative position actively and successfully manages the end-to-end sales process; working with existing customers, identifying new customers, defining customer requirements, providing standard and custom solutions and liaising with internal departments to ensure successful delivery. Responsibilities will vary and may include presentations, quotes, submittals, technical product support, job site visits and hands on troubleshooting as needed.
- Promotes/sells/secure orders from existing and prospective customers through relationship- based approach
- Demonstrate products and services to existing/potential customers and assists them in selecting those best suited to their needs
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current customers and perspective customers in the assigned territory/line of business to generate new business for the organizations’ products
- Develop clear and effective written proposals/quotations for current and prospective customers; Up-sell and sell additional products/services to existing customers
- Regularly visits assigned customers in territory to observe operation, obtain feedback on product performance, customer support, field service requirements and issues
- Approach every customer interaction, whether via email, phone, video, or in person, with a thoughtful, energetic attitude and focus on anticipating and meeting their needs
- Keep abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas
- Operate with transparency, integrity and respect that reflects a positive attitude
- Attend and participate in all Company sponsored training programs as required
- Ensure that databases are current and updated with accurate customer information
- Comply with all Company safety and Personal Protective Equipment policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties, responsibilities or tasks as assigned
- Strong knowledge of scientific and technical products
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong desire to interface with the customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of workers and customers; both persuasive and technical
- Excellent time management, organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Excellent computer skills working with various office equipment, computers and various programs including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, etc. and the ability to effectively work on spreadsheets, word processing, networking, and e-mail programs
- Must be will and able to travel domestically and throughout assigned territory as needed
- Ability to comply with company COVID-19 protocols
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years previous experience and/or training relevant to this position or an equivalent combination of education and related experience
- Demonstrated track record of consistently exceeding corporate goals as well as strong negotiation and closing techniques
- Valid driver’s license of the appropriate type and class issued by the state of residence; Driver’s motor vehicle record (MVR) must be acceptable to the Company’s insurance carrier and must conform to all restrictions listed on the license in order to operate any Company vehicle
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is performed in an office environment or travel via vehicle
- Must be able to travel
- Involves walking and/or standing for 60% of the time and sit 40% of the time
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 50
- Occasionally required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, touch and use tools, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, bend, stoop, twist, lift, reach, push, pull, grasp, balance, kneel, crouch, crawl, grasp, talk, hear, and walk during course of employment
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
SemiTorr Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at SemiTorr Group, Inc. are derived from business needs, position requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, belief, veteran, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. SemiTorr Group, Inc. makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
We’re putting our employee health and safety first with socially distanced office cubicles, health screenings, and mandatory temperature checks.
Masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, and cleaning supplies are available to all employees.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Outside Technical Sales Representative (Livermore, CA, USA) ]