Parsippany, Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ, USA
Providing residential support services to veterans in the program.
Positions available in Garfield, and Lyons, NJ
- Provides supportive counseling to veterans in need of crisis intervention and emergency services.
- Monitors veterans in housekeeping maintenance and upkeep of the residence.
- Provides transportation as required.
- Participates as a team member in the maintenance and care of the facility and ensures safety of the veterans in the program.
- Upholds veteran confidentiality.
- Assists in the administration of drug and alcohol screenings.
- Documents service delivery and maintains accurate and timely clinical documentation.
- Implements fire and life safety standards eg: fire drills and fire safety education
- Attends In-Service presentations/staff meetings on a quarterly basis.
- Distributes veteran mail as needed.
- Executes all emergency procedures such as medical emergencies, crisis intervention, fire and/or smoke, police emergency, AED/ First Aid, etc. as per the Agency’s Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Documents any and all pertinent information in and reviews the Communication Log Book, Resident Sign-In Log, Medication Sign-In Log, Pass Authorization Log, and reporting any violations to the Program Coordinator.
- E-mails every hour during the overnight shift to the agency overnight system.
- Participates in supervision meetings with the Program Coordinator.
- Conducts regular checks to ensure the safety and whereabouts of all veterans in the residence.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator, and/or other supervisors.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school in Mental Health or a related discipline; or Licensed R.N.; or two years of college plus two years of related work or life experience, or licensed as a Practical Nurse (LPN) plus two years of related mental health experience; or a High School diploma and four years of related mental health experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, with a good driving record.
- Must have knowledge of clinical issues, skill in program development, be well organized, a self-started, and able to work as a member of a team.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Overnight Behavioral Health Counselor ]