Los Angeles, CA, USA
The Wonderful Company
The Wonderful Company is an entrepreneurial, driven, fast paced organization with double-digit growth that requires incorporating highly trained and motivated individuals into our teams. We seek like-minded thought leaders who enjoy owning, running and scaling their projects.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Packaging Specifications Manager who can easily navigate and collaborate with multiple business units, departments and packaging materials vendors.
This position is headquartered in our West Los Angeles office and reports to the Director of Packaging Development. The role may require some domestic travel (approximately up to 10%), primarily among our suppliers and operations in the Central Valley.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Administers and maintains specifications for all The Wonderful Company brands’ packaging items.
- Creates new and revises existing specifications in the Oracle Product Data Hub system.
- Work with IT team to continuously develop and improve the specifications system and process.
- Execute change orders with appropriate approvals for all specifications revisions.
- Collaborate with business unit sourcing teams for all new items and changes to existing formats.
- Communicate with packaging materials’ vendors to solicit specifications details and ensure completion of all required parameters.
- Analyze drawings and other technical data to determine the appropriate attributes of the item.
- Understand and document special handling, environmental and of incoming packaging raw materials and outgoing finished goods.
- Provide reports and specification data as requested.
- Familiarity with packaging testing standards (ISTA, ASTM, etc.).
- Manage projects as assigned and participate in cross-functional teams’ product development when requested.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
- Minimum 3 of years’ experience in food, beverage (CPG) and/or regulatory environment with demonstrable understanding of packaging specifications.
- Knowledge and understanding of packaging materials including Corrugated, Paperboard, Film, Glass and Rigid Bottles, Closures, etc.
- Familiarity with general FDA regulations and industry food and beverage guidelines for packaging.
- Attention to detail and ability to drive external suppliers and internal stakeholders to complete detailed specifications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with various levels of internal and external customers.
- Working knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Strong organizational and analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in a Windows environment (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental, and 401k with match eligibility.
- Subsidized gym membership.
- Onsite subsidized high-end cafe offering farm to table meals and snacks.
- Free onsite yoga classes and other wellness-focused activities.
- Wonderful Giving (www.wonderfulgiving.com) — allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice.
- Free tobacco cessation programs.
- Work life balance.
- All the FIJI Water and Wonderful snacks you may want in the office.
- Discounted tickets to various LA attractions.
- We are bicycle-friendly, with newly installed bicycle racks available to all LA-based employees.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, The Wonderful Company is a privately held $4 billion global company dedicated to harvesting health and happiness around the world through its iconic consumer brands. The company’s 9,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to bringing consumers everywhere the freshest, most wholesome pistachios, almonds, citrus and pomegranates; bottling the finest water and wines; and creating colorful bouquets that are sure to touch the heart. This commitment is reflected in the company’s market share: Wonderful Pistachios is America’s No. 1 tree nut brand and one of the top-selling salty snacks; Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America; POM Wonderful is the No. 1 100% pomegranate brand in America; FIJI Water is America’s No. 1 premium bottled water brand; Teleflora is the No. 1 floral delivery service through local florists; and JUSTIN Wine has the No. 1 Cabernet Sauvignon in California. A 2016 Nielsen study evaluating the familiarity, quality, and momentum of more than 2,500 leading brands revealed that Wonderful Company products dominated the top 10 lists of consumers across all generations, more than any other consumer goods company.
The Wonderful Company’s connection to consumers has health at its heart and giving back in its DNA. The company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $100 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, nearly $50 million in charitable giving and education initiatives in 2015 alone, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California’s Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs.
To learn more about The Wonderful Company, its products and core values, visit www.wonderful.com.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.