Omaha, NE, USA
Build your future with a new career that pays you to learn.
UpSmith is searching for individuals who want to start a high-dignity, high-purpose, and high-paying career as an HVAC-R Maintenance Technician. This is an ideal opportunity for anyone who is looking to learn a new trade, work with their hands, and start a career (not just a job) that will support themselves and their family.
No previous experience is necessary.
You read that right. You’ll be paid to learn over the course of ~8 weeks, and at the end you’ll have your credentials and a full time job. We call this unique program learn and earn.
Learning comes at no cost to you.
Through the interview process, you’ll secure a sponsored spot on the team, with onboarding paid for by your employer.
What to expect
After you apply and are selected to continue in the process, you’ll be asked to
Create a profile and record a short video so we can get a sense of who you are.
Fill in a questionnaire so we can learn about things like your dependability, resilience and coachability
Complete a background check, and drug test (we believe in second chances!)
Interview with your future employer if selected
More about the role
Learning will occur at the location listed. Afterwards, you’ll be on the road servicing clients’ systems, where you can expect to:
- Work under the supervision of a journeyman HVAC-R technician, enriching your learning
- Install and test electrical circuits or components for proper functioning to determine operational compliance with blueprints, specifications, diagrams, and compliance or regulations.
- Perform preventive or general maintenance procedures such as cleaning, power-washing or vacuuming equipment, oiling parts, or changing filters.
- Build relationships with customers (or system users) to assess problems, schedule maintenance, initiate work orders, house requisitions, and or place orders.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.11 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Omaha, NE 68124: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Confirm that you understand you will need to complete a background check and, if selected, a drug test.
- Are you willing to complete a short video to give us a sense of who you are?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Paid HVAC-R Maintenance Technician Upskilling and Job – Omaha (Omaha, NE, USA) ]