2801 Coral Springs Drive, Coral Springs, FL, USA
Coral Springs Police Department
Examples of Duties
This is routine work in the enforcement of parking regulations. An employee in this class patrols an assigned area in a vehicle or on foot as needed, enforcing Florida State Statutes and City Ordinances governing parking. Employees may be called upon to assist the public by providing information about parking locations and regulations. Work assignments may involve night and weekend shifts. Work methods are prescribed in detail, and the work is subject to periodic supervisory reviews. Employee works under general supervision, and must exercise reasonable initiative and independent judgment.
- Patrols assigned areas in which parking is regulated and issues citations for parking violations such as illegal parking in handicap spaces, Coral Springs commercial/recreational vehicle parking ordinance, bus and fire hydrant zones, double-parking, parking on the wrong side of the street, and all related violations. All citations must be legible and carefully completed.
- Other functions may include; Assists citizens with such matters as locked vehicles, Direct traffic during emergencies and city events, or as needed; Request assistance in emergency situations and relay information regarding work situations and suspicious activity; Answers a variety of questions from the public regarding parking regulations, parking facilities, basic traffic regulations, location of public facilities, points of interest, and other public information.
- Utilizing exceptional customer service skills, serves as a resource for members of the public regarding parking regulations, parking facilities, basic traffic regulations, location of public facilities, points of interest, and other public information.
- Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record
- Two (2) years professional work experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks daily; think critically and attention to detail; clearly speak and accurately write in English; have excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must successfully complete a Parking Enforcement Specialist Program and receive a State of Florida certification to write and issue tickets after hire.
The following includes all steps required to process for the position. Continuing on with each step of the process is contingent upon successfully completing the previous step. Candidates can be dismissed at any point throughout the consideration process. Communication regarding scheduling and updates will be posted to your governmentjobs.com account, please check your account regularly.
- Apply via our online application
- Application review
- Formal Interview
- Computerized Voice Stress Analysis Examination and Fingerprints
- Interview with Deputy Chief of Police
- Extensive Background Investigation
- Post-Offer Drug Test
- Completion of 12 month probationary period
This position requires unrestricted access to one or more of the following: The city’s police department, the city’s Emergency Operations Center housed within the city’s police department, secure/confidential law enforcement information. Candidates selected for this position must submit to an extended background investigation that includes a federal criminal history check via electronic fingerprinting.
The Coral Springs Police Department is firmly committed to offering an equitable, drug-free work environment. We do not discriminate in any employment-related decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability or other similar factors that are not job-related. This commitment is practiced in all aspects of our personnel policies, programs, practices, recruitment, examination, appointment, training, promotion, retention and other related activities. When requested, the Coral Springs Police Department will make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Human Resources Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org if special assistance is needed.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Parking Enforcement Specialist (2801 Coral Springs Drive, Coral Springs, FL, USA) ]