Long Beach, CA, USA
The People First Coordinator is an integral member of the People First Department. This role provides administrative and coordinator support to People First. The emphasis for this role is to ensure that all documentation is processed accurately, organized efficiently, and submitted on time. Confidentiality of all conversations and data must always be maintained, with no exceptions. The success of this position will be demonstrated through a variety of deliverables, including but not limited to Organization of files, data, and paperwork; accurate and timely reporting; efficient and accurate handling of all paperwork; timely tracking of employee paperwork and status with managers/supervisors; confidential and proper handling of all new hire and termination paperwork, and upkeep of all administrative responsibilities.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Upholds the company’s core values.
• Presents themselves in a professional, organized manner that conveys confidence and willingness to be approached.
• Performs onboarding activities such as new hire orientation paperwork processing, ensures payroll documents are accurate and submitted on time.
• Manages termination paperwork ensuring all items are tracked and filed in a timely manner.
• Maintains all personnel files that are held onsite.
• Prepares monthly HC reports, including new hires, terminations, and temporary/consultant.
• Assists with Pre-hire and post-hire EPS and NSOPW reporting for all new hires.
• Assists in audit preparation including ensuring the accuracy and upkeep of personnel files.
• Offers solutions to general administrative issues.
• Updates Itineris and other reports as needed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Completes special projects and assigned tasks as requested.
• Works with the leave administrators to ensure leaves are accurately processed and tracked.
• Enter new hires in Insperity and File Maker, submits supporting documents to payroll.
• Screen resumes for open positions.
• Process benefit enrollments for qualifying events, new hires and open enrollment.
• Posts available positions internally and externally.
• Maintains credentialing files accordingly to regulation
• Other duties as assigned.
Education & Training
• Must go through HIPAA and Fraud, Waste, & Abuse training.
• High School Diploma
Knowledge and Experience
• Proficient in oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding and proven Customer Service skills
• Experience with administering benefits: COBRA, Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life, 401k
• Must be flexible, able to multi-task, retain information, and have the capacity to work in a fast-paced work environment
• The position may require sitting and/or standing for extended periods.
• The position may require you to collaborate with other employees, managers, offices, and departments.
• Must maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
Ideal candidate will possess effective organization, time management, and communication skills; oral and written, as well as the ability to problem-solve. Must be flexible, able to handle pressure and deadlines, demonstrate initiative, and excellent written skills. Accuracy and attention to detail are required.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk and/or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment including a computer; reach with hands and arms, and lift up to 25 pounds.
• Indoor office environment and potential to work remotely.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [People First / Human Resources Coordinator (Long Beach, CA, USA) ]