177 Georgia Avenue, Providence, RI, USA
Ira Green, Inc
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s policies.
- Support lean manufacturing by maintaining a clean and organized department, per 5S audits and requirements.
- Analyze department jobs to estimate worker hours and create and carry out schedules that meet both internal and external customer due dates;
- Maintain departmental visual boards to plan, organize and schedule work to meet assigned departmental schedules and productivity goals;
- Verify amounts of materials and supplies required for current departmental operations, based on production schedules and job routers;
- Interpret specifications, requirements and job routers to workers, and assign duties;
- Plan the flow of materials through departments according to job routers, available resources and customer due dates;
- Interface with others in the organization to ensure customer due dates are met;
- Ensure that parts are inspected by workers to verify conformance to specifications and customer requirements;
- Direct workers in adjusting machines and processes to ensure that parts meet standards;
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet production schedules;
- Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and the quality of parts produced;
- Implement changes in working conditions and the use of tools and equipment to increase efficiency of the shop, department, or work area;
- Analyze and resolve work problems. Assist workers in resolving work problems;
- Maintain time, attendance and production records for assigned departments;
- Develop justifications for tools and processes to improve quality, cost, and cycle times;
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
Education and/or Experience: Associate’s degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or at least 1 year of related supervisory experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong knowledge in the plating.
Computer Skills: Basic personal computer skills including electronic mail, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
Ira Green, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Plating Supervisor (177 Georgia Avenue, Providence, RI, USA) ]