Lockport, IL, USA
This position is responsible for developing metal powder products and processes at Toyal America, Inc.
Nature and Scope
This position reports to the Technical Manager.
Investigate and develop metal powder products and modify current products per market needs
- Investigate, evaluate, and implement metal powder processing technologies and test methods
- Operate and maintain pilot lab and analytical lab equipment
- Lead production scale-up activities of new or modified products or processes
- Stay up-to-date with current metal powder processing technologies and applications
- Investigate new business opportunities and marketing of metal powder products with Sales.
- Responsible for product transfer from other group companies to Toyal America, Inc.
- Initiate and maintain product Technical Data Sheets and Specifications.
- Responsible for formulation control – reviewing and approving new formulations and any formulation changes.
- Travel to Toyal’s customers and group companies as needed to support sales, to co-work on projects and to participate in technology exchange.
The minimum requirement for this position is:
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Metallurgic Engineering and a minimum of 5 years metal powder industry experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to effectively interact with all departments and levels of the organization including Technical, Production, Maintenance, Quality, Engineering, management, and customers.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong organization skills & ability to multi-task and establish goals, objectives, and schedules to complete projects.
- Computer proficiency: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Customer exposure, exposure to Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma techniques
- Metal powder screening, classification other processing experience
- Powder characterization including but not limited to Particle size, surface area analysis, flow rate, etc..
- Product scale up experience from lab/pilot to production scale
- Product & process development and modification for Aluminum based powders
- Reviewing, identifying and defining product specification.
- Other duties as assigned by the Technical Manager
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Process Engineer – Metal Powder (Lockport, IL, USA) ]