Riverdale Mills Corporation, 130 Riverdale Street, Northbridge, MA, USA
Riverdale Mills Corporation
Production/Inventory Control Manager
Riverdale Mills is seeking an experienced, high-energy, detail oriented, problem solver to manage smooth material flow, leading to on-time delivery while achieving cost and inventory imperatives. This position requires expertise and experience in production and inventory control, input output control, driving parts shortages to fulfillment, obsolete inventory management, and machine scheduling.
The environment is fast-paced and requires the successful candidate to be flexible and responsive to changes in work demands, persistent while overcoming obstacles, and determined to see issues through to successful completion. Hold a diverse background that allows you to bring best practices to the table. You are well organized and can juggle multiple work-streams to ensure the team hits critical achievements, known for championing supply chain and manufacturing operations and coordinating with various functions seamlessly.
You can influence others in all directions, while knowing how to effectively communicate and collaborate cross functionally and with all levels within an organization.
Areas of responsibility include managing production scheduling and inventory control.
This role will oversee inventory management, planning and scheduling capability, and on time performance to the customer to optimize the customer experience, as well as increase productive capacity of the working groups by initiating new ideas, processes and systems.
Production/Inventory Control Manager’s Education and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management or other related degree
- 5-6 years of experience in planning, product line management, marketing operations, finance, manufacturing and supply chain response to production demand.
- APICS or other planning certification preferred.
- Strong understanding of capacity and how to schedule and plan within a finite model.
- Strong understanding of advanced planning systems and tools.
- Experience of planning management in a domestic manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
- Experience of planning management in a consumer products environment strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, planning methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Experienced with other software packages including Windows and Microsoft Office. This position requires strong analytical, organizational, decision making, and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the planning process. Good facilitation and collaboration skills are required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Detail orientated and demonstrates high level of accuracy.
- Capability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
Production/Inventory Control Manager’s Job Responsibilities:
- Coach and develop staff; ensure they have the necessary resources and training to maximize effectiveness
- Create and maintain a master production schedule to meet customer demand and inventory requirements.
- Meet materials requirements, manage material flow, and to plan and prevent factory and warehouse shortages and stock outs while managing and minimizing inventory investment to achieve total cost goals.
- Provide analysis and metrics and work with manufacturing and purchasing to drive improvements in lot sizes and lead times for all materials supplied internally.
- Oversee cycle count compliance and assure inventory accuracy is continually improving to exceed financial and accounting goals. Provide analysis of root cause of errors and initiate corrective action.
- Directs transfer of materials to meet production schedules and shipping schedules
- Establish methods for review and disposition of excess and obsolete inventory in distribution sites as well as manufacturing.
- Communicate the status of production and NPI planning to meet inventory levels needed to meet customer demand.
- Lead the calculation of safety stock requirements for inline, raw material and finished goods requirements.
- Assist in the establishment of inventory requirements to meet forecasts and inventory requirements.
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to management.
- Support management with risk assessments and mitigation activities.
- Partners with Sales, Customer Service, Production and other business leaders to identify and resolve business issues that impact customer satisfaction on plant produced and supplier related products.
- Participates with Purchasing for improved total cost of ownership and, in concert with operations.
- Work closely with New Product Development/Operations on new product introductions and impact to service levels.
- Drive results and continuous improvement projects/processes.
- Demonstrate a hands-on leadership approach in identifying, resolving and communicating the resolution of service issues across Supply Chain and Production.
- Develop, monitor, publish, and present the key performance metrics for Production and Inventory Control organization to the Chief Financial Officer.
- Performs any other tasks as required.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including Health Insurance, a Dental/Vision, 401(k), Profit Sharing. Tuition Reimbursement and Paid Time Off.
As Riverdale Mills celebrates 40 years of manufacturing excellence, we applaud our talented employees and hope to inspire the next generation of U.S. manufacturers. Our dynamic team of employees is the heartbeat of our business.
We are currently hiring individuals looking to build their careers as we continue to build our business. Our wire mesh products, 3,500 in all, are essential products used in the marine, utilities, telecommunications, defense, agriculture, transportation, energy, water, and wastewater industries.
What we are looking for:
- Proactive team player with positive attitude
- Willingness to learn and work hard
- Pride and ownership in your contribution to a growing organization
- Dependable with a strong work ethic
- We are very Veteran Friendly!
If this sounds like you, please apply ASAP!
We will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Production/Inventory Control Manager (Riverdale Mills Corporation, 130 Riverdale Street, Northbridge, MA, USA) ]