1400 Nuclear Drive, West Chicago, IL, USA
Blachford Acoustics Group
Responsible for managing and directing all aspects of the manufacturing operations to meet schedules and to ensure product is produced efficiently and meets quality standards. This position is also responsible for planning, establishing, implementing and maintaining a variety of health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping, Theory of Constraints, Kaizen, SMED
- Knowledge in the use and application of key quality tools (DOE, SPC, FMEA,8D, etc.)
- Ability to communicate with customers, supervisors, employees and executive
- Must be able to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
- Accomplished “lead-by-example” tactical change agent with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to promote a positive atmosphere and encourage teamwork in the workplace, strong communication skills and the ability to develop employees
- Use appropriate balance of delegation and “hands on” involvement
- Computer literacy, mechanical aptitude
- APQP and/or other appropriate skills as defined in ISO manuals
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific to Managing Production:
- Develop and promote effective, consistent practices throughout the manufacturing departments for on-time defect-free fulfillment of orders.
- Manage the activities of supervisors, and help them develop their skills and abilities for individual and team effectiveness.
- Establish metrics and resolve problems to ensure success.
- Establish and maintain weekly RAP (review, analyze, and plan) meetings with Supervisors to implement improvements in methods, systems and communications to support goals and objectives.
- Establish and maintain weekly goal attainment progress reviews and provide updates to staff.
- Track and report on quality, delivery, cost, safety metrics, manufacturing productivity and efficiency (OEE) and direct/indirect manufacturing costs.
- Lead and manage safety, quality, delivery, productivity and cost improvements.
- Utilize Lean tools including kaizen to introduce and implement process improvements.
- Manage production staffing levels required for production, material costs and other expenditures.
- Reduce manufacturing process variation.
- Works with managers effectively to enforce policies and goals of the organization.
- Work out and implement standard operating procedures for production operations. Ensure that the standard operating procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures.
- Prepare and maintain production reports.
- Monitor and review the performance of supervisors and production employees and organize necessary interventions for improvement.
- Estimate production costs, set production budgets and manage production budgets.
- Implement cost control programs.
- Maintain employee training records in BIS, including safety training.
- Maintain positive employee relations.
- Ensure compliance with all standards and procedures of the TS16949 (Quality and ISO14001 (Environmental).
Specific to Health and Safety:
- Assists the Plant Manager in the participation in OSHA inspections, providing inspectors with appropriate documents and identifying safety measures.
- Manage the Health and Safety program (including chairing the meetings).
- Provide leadership of the H&S Committee and help direct activities to improve health and safety programs in all areas of the plant.
- Helps ensure that federal, state and local laws and regulations are observed; ensures necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines.
- Provide daily guidance and direction in H and S programs at the employee and supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
- Plan, develop and implement safety training for new employee orientation and annual required programs.
- Assist in the maintenance and update of relevant SHEER, SOP’s, work instructions and update as needed SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment.
- Coordinate with regulatory affairs manager on development and implementation of hazmat procedures, the Blachford safety policy as well as other health, safety and environmental programs in place or to be developed which also includes signage and accident prevention methods.
- Coordinate noise and other industrial hygiene testing, activities and concerns.
- Manages hearing conservation program and works with occupational health provider to administer hearing tests to employees. Provide recommendations for additional noise testing as needed.
- Responsible for the voluntary fire extinguisher training program.
- Enforces use of safety equipment which includes safety glasses, work boots, gloves, etc. and personal protective equipment program (PPE) as well as any other required PPE including respirators, clothing, etc. Enforces safe lifting practices.
- Focal primary point of contact for emergencies. Assists in the development, training, etc. of emergency action plans in conjunction with the other departments as needed. Responsible for the Emergency Procedures for the Welex Line.
- Investigates accidents and prepares accident reports; determines corrective action required.
- Identifies potential causes for accidents and recommends changes in policies and procedures to prevent accidents and illness.
- Ensures safe storage of flammable liquids; Storage and handling of LPG.
- Assists management to prepare health and safety budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Production Manager / Health and Safety Coordinator (1400 Nuclear Drive, West Chicago, IL, USA) ]