Omaha, NE, USA
Senior Moving Services
JOB DESCRIPTION: Professional Mover
Senior Moving Services is NOT an ordinary moving company. Our focus is moving seniors from their home into communities, condos or apartments. Many of our clients are 80 years old and above. In addition, many have served our country in WWII and/or Vietnam. We specialize in not only the physical aspects of their move, but on the emotional aspects also. Senior Moving Services mainly services Eastern Nebraska and Western Iowa. There are occassions we travel out of state to pick up a client and bring them home to the Omaha area.
Assists in loading furniture into truck and unloading furniture by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads and unloads vehicles by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
- Assembles and disassembles furniture in a timely manner.
- Wraps furniture with blankets to prevent damage.
- Pads, stacks, and secures items in position on truck to prevent damage during shipment.
- Delivers shipment to customer’s.
- Assists in cleaning truck, tools, and equipment.
- Must know, use and follow all Senior Moving Services safety regulations.
- Must have knowledge of furniture and equipment handling industry-accepted procedures.
- Must know and use generally accepted industry practices for vehicle housekeeping.
- Must wear uniforms.
- Must have own transportation and phone.
- Smoking is not allowed at the work sites; in or on Senior Moving Services property.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Technical Skills – Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance.
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality.
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily;
- Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school education. Two years related/documented experience is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to communicate effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to high temperatures; wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Part-time
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Professional Mover (Omaha, NE, USA) ]