Macon, GA, USA
Mr. Chips Inc.
DESCRIPTION: Mr. Chips, Inc., a leading global supplier of pickles and pepper products with headquarters in Pinconning, Michigan is recruiting for a Quality Systems Manager. The position is responsible for planning, coordinating, directing and implementing food safety and quality assurance at the processing facility.
- Manage the food safety and quality assurance functions, as defined by company policy, acting as the SQF Practitioner.
- Assist with the implementation of new products, process and product improvements and cost savings initiatives.
- Prepare and maintain ingredient and finished product specifications, including supplier approvals and associated document control.
- Establish and implement the training function for food safety and other related programs.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks.
- Respond to customer and issues, providing input for corrective and preventive actions to the HACCP Team.
- Manage the third party food safety audit program, to meet customer and corporate needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or technical degree with related experience.
- 5-7 years’ experience in the food industry, including quality supervisory roles.
- SQF practitioner status or ability to complete within 6 months of hire.
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work in cross functional situations.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis.
In accordance with state and federal laws, Bay View Foods/Mr. Chips, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, height, weight, marital or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected status. Bay View Foods/Mr. Chips, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 – $90,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Safe Quality Food Certification (Required)
- One location
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Quality Systems Manager (SQF) (Macon, GA, USA) ]