W238N1800 Rockwood Drive, Waukesha, WI, USA
Midwest Engineered Systems, Inc.
Midwest Engineering Systems Inc. (MWES), an innovator and leader in complex systems integration, has been providing custom design and automation solutions for over 30 years. A company dedicated to customer satisfaction and successful solutions, MWES continues to expand its capabilities and has become a valued supplier to many loyal customers. MWES technical expertise includes a vast knowledge base serving customers in many industries.
MWES, located in Waukesha, Wisconsin, is currently recruiting for a QUALITY TECHNICIAN. This is a full time, direct hire position. MWES offers competitive wages and a complete benefit package.
Our ideal candidate will have at least of 2 years experience inspecting raw materials and finished products requiring close tolerances, understand and be able to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings, have an extreme attention to detail, work independently, and be familiar with a variety of inspection equipment. The Quality Technician works as part of the Shipping/Receiving team and will assist as necessary. A valid drivers license is required.
A 2 year Associates degree in a skilled trade or equivalent trade experience helpful.
***** $1000 SIGNING BONUS *****
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Perform inspection on first piece, purchase parts and finished pieces.
- Review and understand instructions, blueprints, work orders, and routing sheets to determine specification requirements.
- Use a variety of inspection tools such as micrometers, dial calipers, indicators, pin gages/ring gages, thread gages, and radius screw pitch gages.
- Measure, record test data and prepare inspection reports as required.
- Report results of inspection to management, supervisors and machinists upon completion.
- Evaluate data and write reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards. Alert management of any nonconforming dimensions/features that do not meet customer print and/or routing specifications.
- Generate/initiate nonconformance reports (NCR’s) for out of tolerance conditions.
- Communicate with Shop Supervisor, Engineering or Manufacturing Engineer on noted deviations of quality.
- Set up gages used in inspection and/or tests. Calibrate and maintain gaging devices.
- Comply with all quality and safety regulations
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associated degree in skilled trades preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years of machine shop inspection experience required
- Must have a working knowledge of part inspections, quality control and materials management.
- Must be able to read and understand CAD drawings/blueprints
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn, use and navigate an ERP system.
- Requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percent.
- Requires the ability to read specifications and gauges; ability to complete standard production documentation.
Midwest Engineered Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Quality Technician (W238N1800 Rockwood Drive, Waukesha, WI, USA) ]