Harrisburg, PA, USA
Central PA Food Bank
Come Work for a Wonderful Non-Profit Company in Central Pennsylvania!
We are looking for an experienced full-time Refrigerated Foods Associate to support the operation of the Central Pennsylvania Food Bank (CPFB), including the receiving, storage, picking, and staging of multiple food products in a refrigerated environment.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging:
Hunger disproportionately harms neighbors and communities that have been systemically marginalized. As we work toward a future where no one in central Pennsylvania lives with hunger, we must also work against racism and other systemic obstacles that prevent people from thriving. We will listen to and learn from members of historically under-represented groups. We will value their lived expertise and experiences as we shape our charitable food network to equitably meet the needs of our neighbors. We will ensure that our diverse community is reflected in our board of directors, management, staff, volunteers, partner organizations, and donors in a manner that upholds equity, inclusion, and belonging.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
• Health Savings Account/ Flexible Spending Account
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Company Paid Short-term Disability & Long-term Disability
• 401k • Paid Time Off
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Employee Assistance Program
• Responsible for refrigerated product flow including, but not limited to, cleanliness, rotation of product, inventory of all products, and assisting in flow of product to shopping area coolers and freezers.
• Responsible for ensuring accurate and complete pulling of all pickup, fresh express orders, and all refrigerated add-ons.
• Responsible for pulling and staging all delivery orders.
• Load and unload trucks, as required.
• Responsible for receiving all refrigerated and frozen products.
• Assist in dry shipping/receiving processes, as required.
• Maintain professional relationships with donors, agencies, volunteers, and co-workers.
• Prepare and email a daily list of all available products in the cooler to select CPFB employees.
• Assist in physical inventories.
• Assist in freezer area job functions, when required.
• Perform assigned warehouse duties and other duties, as required.
• In instances of a federal, state, or locally declared emergency, CPFB is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.
• This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
• A minimum of two years’ warehouse employment or related job experience.
• Warehouse equipment certification.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Passionate about working for an organization that values and promotes equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging (EDIB). Willing to embrace the food bank’s EDIB journey.
• Passion for the CPFB’s mission and core values.
• Ability to understand and work with the diverse dynamics of a non-profit as well as multi-cultural populations.
• Follow safe equipment operating practices and the ability to maneuver electric rider pallet jacks and forklifts within warehouse performance standards.
• General knowledge of warehouse product flow from storing product in racks, picking orders from printed lists, loading pallets with product, and staging shipments for delivery trucks and agency pickups.
• Operate material handling equipment.
• Inventory systems.
• Time and temperature abuse standards.
• Passion for customer service excellence (internal and external), professional etiquette, personal boundaries, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Must be positive, cooperative, honest, and dependable.
• Must be confident, self-starter, and professional team player.
• A demonstrated ability to take initiative, plan and carry out a project from beginning to end.
• Proven track record of achieving and exceeding goals.
• Must have high energy level.
• Ability to attend departmental and all-staff meetings as directed, staying informed of ongoing changes in department and overall organization.
• Knowledge of organization’s computer software and systems, including Microsoft Office Suite, department-specific software systems, telecommunications, and internet applications.
Physical Requirements or Licenses:
• A valid driver’s license with history of a good driving record.
• Regularly required to stand and walk.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• May be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold, this includes working in the cooler and freezer areas.
• May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts and high, precarious places.
• Conditions may include working outside in inclement weather, working closely with others, working alone, and working protracted or irregular hours.
• The noise level is usually moderate.
The selected applicant will join a collaborative, values-driven, dynamic team that derives joy from the work and is passionate about resourcing the work to end hunger and its root causes.
The Food Bank’s work culture is progressive, forward-thinking, and equity minded. Staff have the opportunity to fully develop their potential in a variety of ways. As organizational leaders, in shaping programs and advocacy efforts and in working towards a future where no one should be hungry.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements by September 8, 2023 to Central Pennsylvania Food Bank, Department of Human Resources, 3908 Corey Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109, or email email@example.com.
We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer and seek to bring our values of equity, diversity, and inclusion to our hiring process. Beyond our commitment to non-discrimination, we encourage applications from applicants who can contribute to the diversity of our organization and who have lived experience of inequity.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Refrigerated Foods Associate (Harrisburg, PA, USA) ]