519 Marine View Ave, Belmont, CA, USA
Signature Roofing, Inc.
Who we are: A successful local residential roofing company established in 1994. We have a profitable operation with an excellent reputation working direct for homeowners.
The opportunity: We have an opening for an organized self-starter to provide administrative support to production department. The Operations Assistant will manage a variety of duties. Construction experience is not a requirement; however, you do need to become knowledgeable about our services. We value integrity, hard work, and a “go-getter” mentality. The position should provide room for expansion of responsibilities.
Ideal candidates will have strong written and verbal communication skills and have demonstrated an aptitude for balancing competing priorities in a high-energy work environment. Our work force consists of English and Spanish speakers and you will interact with both daily. Ideal candidate qualifications include:
– Advanced verbal communication in Spanish and English.
– High school diploma or equivalency; additional schooling or certifications is a plus.
– An excellent work ethic, eager to learn and expand role in company.
– Team player and self-starter.
– Excellent use of discretion in handling confidential information.
– Willing to handle both complex and mundane tasks.
– Previous experience (need not be in construction) that demonstrates the ability to learn quickly and strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must be able to draft, edit and proofread documents and correspondence.
– Proven time management skills to manage competing priorities.
– Strong in math for use in calculations and analysis for material orders.
– Strong aptitude for attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness of work.
– Excellent at managing phones, email, and data entry.
– Computer literacy including web-based services and Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Experience with MS Access and PowerPoint is a plus.
Specifics about your role: You will work closely under the direction of Production Manager and General Manager to take charge of duties that showcase your exceptional organization, critical thinking and analytical skills. More specifically, your daily responsibilities will include:
– Communicate in English and Spanish with field employees (Mainly via phone).
– Maintain accurate timesheets and forms for field employees.
– Help set weekly production schedule and keep jobs on schedule.
– Communicate with clients regarding scheduling, job specifications, etc.
– City/County license renewal; manage refund and recycle tickets as needed.
– Obtain permits, schedule inspections and verify inspection completion.
– Prepare and mail company invoices and warranty forms.
– Prepare material orders and submit vendor orders.
– Vendor and subcontractor scheduling and follow-up.
– Maintain shop inventory records as needed monthly / quarterly.
– Receive, review and record payables from vendors / subs.
– Special projects as assigned.
– Paid holidays and PTO.
– 401k with company matching.
– Work hours that offer good work/life balance with opportunity to work remotely part time.
– Discretionary bonuses.
– The company does not offer a group health plan.
– Work at a desk and use phone, keyboard, mouse and computer monitors for extended periods of time.
– Interactions with employees throughout the office.
Compensation: Non-exempt hourly position with authorized overtime. Range $25 to $38 depending on experience.
How to apply:
If you have thoroughly read this job description and you feel qualified, send me an email with the subject line “I’m the perfect Production Assistant for your Company”. Please include your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in and qualified for the position.
Send your resume and cover letter to William@signatureroofing.com.
· Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster.
· DO NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Residential Roofing Operations Assistant (no prior roofing experience necessary) (519 Marine View Ave, Belmont, CA, USA) ]