Parsippany, Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ, USA
A full-time position providing screening, engagement, information, and referral services for Veterans and their families in the Supportive Services for Veteran Families Program (SSVF).
- Conducts initial eligibility screening via phone and email.
- Provides information and referral for mental health, substance abuse, housing, legal, and other social service needs for eligible and ineligible participants.
- Provides optimal customer service as the first point of contact for veterans and their families.
- Creates, maintains, and updates a catalog of community resources.
- Documents service delivery accurately and timely in the electronic health record.
- Ensures and maintains participant’s confidentiality.
- Participates in all appropriate employee, supervision, and training meetings.
- Collaborates with the entire SSVF team to ensure quality service delivery.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator, SSVF Director, or Senior Management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, or Social Sciences
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- 1 year of human service experience.
- Call center or hotline experience preferred.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor. Request Priority Protected Veteran Referral. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled Contact.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Resource Specialist ]