SafetyCall International/Pet Poison Helpline
SafetyCall International (SCI) is looking for an experienced Sales Manager to join our team! This individual is responsible for leading the day to day sales initiatives for SCI by achieving revenue goals and successfully building and managing external relationships with clients/future clients and internal relationships with coworkers within the organization.
The Sales Manager is a full-time, Monday-Friday, exempt (salaried) position. This position will report to our Bloomington office, but will have flexibility to work from home some as well. This position will also be required to travel locally and nationally several times per year.
Pay: The starting pay is around 85k/year+ based on experience and education. The Sales Manager will also receive commissions at year end based on yearly sales results.
- Increase SCI sales year over year based on strategic planning and budgeting goals.
- Manage all aspects of the sales process and utilize support from others at SCI as needed.
- Participate in virtual and/or in person sales meetings with potential and new clients.
- Collaborate with and include the Operations, IT, Accounting, HR and Pharmacovigilance teams in the sales process as needed to ensure new business needs can be met including staffing, hiring, billing, technology and regulatory work.
- Actively pursue client leads by connecting with them via email, phone and professional social media platforms such as LinkedIn. Foster relationships with client leads by maintaining communication.
- Attend and/or exhibit at trade association conferences locally and nationally in order to find potential clients and maintain relationships with current clients.
- Maintain relationships with trade associations by attending conferences and communicating on a regular basis. Research and identify new trade associations to partner with as they fit SCI needs.
- Collaborate with Senior Director, Sales and Marketing, Director, Client Services and Marketing and Client Liaisons (CL) to manage process for existing clients to add new services.
- Monitor SCI Website performance and work with outside vendors to maintain and optimize it.
- Maintain the Salesforce database by entering and maintaining potential client information.
- Develop and maintain sales files and ensure their accessibility on the S:Drive and SharePoint.
- Manage the proposal process from start to finish by ensuring steps are being completed by all involved. Lead and maintain communication with prospective client(s) in the proposal process.
- Remain informed on basic regulatory requirements for the products and industries that SCI supports and actively seek out and report changes as they are learned.
- Contribute to the company’s bottom line by developing and maintaining a sales plan and utilizing SCI’s marketing efforts to add new clients and grows SCI overall business.
- Work with the Senior Director, Sales and Marketing to manage the financial expenses of SCI sales initiatives and to ensure they align the budget.
- Participate in SCI Strategic Planning process by supporting the SCI Sales initiatives. This includes taking ownership of goals as assigned and providing updates on progress as requested.
- Regularly meet with Senior Director, Sales and Marketing and CEO to discuss new and potential future business leads.
- Work cooperatively with and develop strong relationships with other departments, partners, supervisor, administrative team and call center staff.
- Participate in all required weekly, biweekly and other meetings and events.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor, SCI Partners and senior management.
Required Experience, Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree required. An emphasis in Business and/or Sales is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a managing sales initiatives is required. Prior Business to Business sales experience is preferred.
- Basic understanding of marketing principles and processes is required.
- Customer service focused attitude with a welcoming and open demeanor and the ability to build report internally and externally.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all departments, management, external clients, vendors and customers.
- Verbal and written communication that is clear, concise, accurate, persuasive, professional, empathetic and compassionate on a regular basis.
- Demonstrates a high EQ (emotional intelligence).
- Ability to problem solve and provide solutions.
- Proven ability to collaborate and successfully manage relationships with others internally and externally.
- Ability to unite staff from the same or different departments to work together cohesively on sales and marketing initiatives.
- Results focused and ability to remain solution focused during challenging situations.
- Can quickly adapt to changes in workflow, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated self-motivated work ethic.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment to meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to be efficient, complete all assigned projects in a timely manner and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all areas both inside the organization and externally.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule and travel locally and nationally several times per year.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SalesForce and LinkedIn.
SCI is a 24/7 multidisciplinary health care practice, licensed by the boards of Medicine, Pharmacy, and Veterinary Medicine, that provides manufacturers with adverse event management, regulatory reporting, post-market surveillance, customer service and consulting services. Pet Poison Helpline (PPH) is a 24-hour animal poison control service for pet owners and veterinary professionals who require assistance with treating a potentially poisoned pet. We encourage all applicants to view our company overview videos at www.petpoisonhelpline.com and www.safetycall.com.
SCI offers competitive pay, a fun work environment with many perks, and the opportunity for advancement. This position is eligible for a comprehensive benefit package including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, accident insurance, pet insurance, paid time off, 401k with match, a bonus program, paid holidays and more.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Sales Manager (Remote) ]