4679 Johnston Parkway, Cleveland, OH, USA
Phoenix Steel Service, Inc.
Works from written and verbal instructions and practical experience to properly operate and troubleshoot slitting line to meet all order requirements.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Work as a member of a small team (3-4 person) to operate or assist the operation of the slitting line.
· The slitter operator has oversight responsibility to ensure that the measuring equipment is being tested against the certified test blocks and rods and that the data is being logged in as the tests are completed
· Verify all measurements devices needed
· Make sure the X-Ray Gauger is working properly and take in consideration the readings to compare with specs.
· Set all hydraulic and lubrication pumps to the on position
· Look the schedule for next order to run, must see instructions and details of the order
· Communicate any special customer requirements to the Recoiler / Uncoiler assistants
· Always install drag pads at the start of the slitting run
· Visually and with measurements adjust knife and arbor position to specified parameters
· Check clearance between knives
· Adjust steel position
· Feed steel through the slit arbor far enough to verify cut width and coil gauge
· Measure gauge and width and enter in MIS system
· Extend the X-Ray gauge measurement over the steel once the run begins
· Extend the table to the slit arbor, Raise the steel platform and step under line
· Raise the pit table to its highest level to support the steel during line start up
· Exit scrap pit and close gate
· Perform all the necessary steps to run the steel with high quality and safety, see JSA & Wi for more details
· Be able to perform basic math, and read work instructions/setup sheets
· Use a micrometer to take accurate gauge measurements
· Use a caliper to take accurate dimensional measurements within the required tolerances of each work order.
- Follow all instructions in the JSA & WI file
· Work in an efficient manner to complete work orders in the required amount of time
· Maintain all aspects of product quality
· Wear proper personal protective equipment
· Maintain a safe work environment by following the safety guidelines
· Complete housekeeping tasks to maintain a clean work environment
· Work overtime when required.
A High School degree, GED, or related educational equivalent.
Preferred knowledge and Competencies:
· 1 year of slitting or CTL experience preferred, not required
· Ability to read a tape measure and use basic arithmetic
· General understanding and ability to complete basic functions on a computer
· Ability to interpret and communicate written and verbal instructions
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Thursday, typically within the hours of 2:00pm-12:30pm.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
· Light to moderate noise; the warehouse requires a hardhat, steel-toe boots, and plus eye/ear protection.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Second Shift Slitter Operator – Steel Manufacturing (4679 Johnston Parkway, Cleveland, OH, USA) ]