2425 Tronjo Circle, Pensacola, FL, USA
Superior Gate Systems LLC
Who we are looking to hire
The ideal candidate is a professional technician who lives within the our service area. Has at least 3-years of experience in the same position and is not afraid to get their hands dirty by digging holes, trenches, installing conduit and using construction tools outdoors in all weather climates.
What to expect working at SGS, LLC
During the first 90-days the new technicians will be partnered with a senior technician to learn the way of service and installations. Our goal is for the technician to be able to service clients and install systems after 90-days.
An average day is be ready-to-go at our office in Pensacola, FL at 8:00am, Monday through Friday. We have a brief meeting to receive each person’s work tickets, then use the company vans/trucks to either perform services on existing systems or installations of new systems. SGS provides personal protective equipment, work shirts, fully stocked work vans with power tools, service supplies and installation materials. The technician is required to supply their own pants, steel toed boots, hand tools and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean drivers record. As a technician completes a service or project each day, they will write a service ticket. The service ticket documents what the technician accomplished, and is how we invoice our clients. The Technician will also document their own time card each day, as this is how we pay the technicians on a weekly basis. Another requirement is the technicians must have legible handwriting and must be able to communicate in English.
Ideally, the technicians try to find a good stopping point on the job-site by 4pm and are back at the office by 5pm. But due to the nature of the business a good stopping point may not be until after 4pm. Each technician works an average of 40 hours per week.
Skills you should have
· Working outside or inside in all weather
· Must be able to lift 75 Lbs.
· Installing conduit/ pulling wire
· Concrete & pavement demolition/saw cutting/jackhammer
· Mixing concrete/ building concrete forms/ pouring and finishing concrete
· High voltage and low voltage electrical terminations
· Installing gate operating equipment
· Installing control devices and wiring them up to function properly
· Understand geometry layout of equipment for proper operation
· Cutting/Grinding/Welding/fabrication of parts as needed
· Experience with electronic security (access control, video surveillance, etc.)
· Experience with automatic gate operators (slide, lift, swing, barrier, etc.)
Able to pass the Department of Criminal Justice Services background check
Valid drivers license and clean driving record
Job Type: Full-time
· Security Installation: 3 years (Preferred)
· Pensacola, Florida
· Driver’s License (Required)
· English (Required)
- Install and repair electrical equipment and fixtures
- Install various types of raceway and cable tray systems
- Troubleshoot motor and control systems
- Perform routine maintenance on electrical wiring and systems
- Adhere to all quality and safety codes
- Previous experience in electrical engineering or other related fields
- Familiarity with electrical schematics, blueprints, and manuals
- Familiarity with electrical equipment and hand tools
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Security Gate Technician (2425 Tronjo Circle, Pensacola, FL, USA) ]