Elgin, Illinois, USA
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $13.7 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $13.7 billion in fiscal year 2020, Parker Hannifin is the world’s leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity’s biggest challenges.
This position will operate various models of CNC equipment (including mills and lathes) turning PTFE billets into seals. This position is located in Elgin, Illinois.
• Operate CNC lathe or mill per standard work instructions
• Can read Vernier calipers, micrometers, and blue prints.
• Make necessary tooling adjustments.
• Set up standard jobs with little or no assistance
• Can set up existing standard programs. Also some non-standards with minimal assistance
• Can trouble shoot and resolve basic problems
• Perform preventive and basic maintenance on required equipment.
• Actively participate and support the plant’s safety program. Report any injury or near miss immediately to your Group Lead or EHS Manager. Report all unsafe conditions immediately to a Group Lead, Value Stream Manager or EHS Manager.
• Actively participate in the High Performance Team designated for your area. The HPTs are meant to improve the work experience by allowing the employees an opportunity to offer suggestions for improvement.
• Record accurate and timely data, including order completions and quantity on daily labor reports, reclaim tickets, for reject parts and daily hours worked.
• Maintain a safe, clean, and orderly work area. Keep all walkways and aisle free of any debris or clutter. Maintain 5S standards by returning tools to shadow boards. Sweep floor and finishing area as needed.
• Daily attendance is a requirement of the job, as is arriving on time. Overtime is expected when customer demand dictates the need.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 2+ years of CNC operation preferred
• Able to read blue prints
• Able to use Micrometer, calipers, go/no-go gauges, CMM measuring machine
• Able to learn to sharpen tools and get parts back to print requirements
• Able to learn to make offset adjustments to keep product in print requirements
• Must be able to achieve “certified operator” quality certification
** Due to contracts that this location has with the U. S. Government compliance with the International Trade in Arms Regulations (ITARS) is required. Therefore successful candidates for this position must either be a U.S. Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident (green card holder.)
• Ability to learn the skills to become a CNC Set Up over time
• CNC Machining certificate
• Prior experience machining PTFE material or other polymers
• Other mechanical skills (Operate press, assembly work, inspection experience are helpful)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
If you would like more information about Equal Employment Opportunity as an applicant under the law, please go to http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
In accordance with Parker’s policies and applicable state laws, Parker provides for a drug-free workplace. Therefore, all applicants seeking employment with Parker will be subject to drug testing as a condition of employment.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Self Maintained CNC Operator (Elgin, Illinois, USA) ]