Remote US (Eastern or Central Time Zones)
This position is available to Virginia or North Carolina residents as Richmond, Virginia or Raleigh, North Carolina in-office applicants with a hybrid work schedule, respectively, or remote applicants residing in states/locations under Eastern or Central Standard Time: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC, Vermont, West Virginia or Wisconsin.
At Genworth, we are committed to caring for our customers and for the safety of our colleagues. In the event the office is inaccessible (e.g., inclement weather), this role may be required to work remotely.
Reporting to the Director of Accounting, Corporate Finance, you will execute the day-to-day accounting of the Company’s international businesses, while also supporting the Corporate Controllership team with analysis and the close process.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Assist with international monthly close process, including preparing journal entries, executing intercompany billing and settlements, completing account reconciliations and coordinating pre-tax signoff
- Assist with international quarterly reporting, including distributing close templates, coordinating completion of key deliverables, finalizing documents for submission, posting journal entries and producing required schedules
- Assist with international legal entity audits, preparing financials and footnotes, running reports, fulfilling auditor requests and obtaining required confirmations
- Process international vendor payments through Treasury system
- Ensure accuracy of international payroll feeds and provide payroll coding for new line items
- Prepare and submit regulatory reports and provide international data for global regulatory reporting
- Submit required international purchase orders and track invoices to budget
- Track international lease agreements and ensure required notices are provided
- Help to resolve international system issues by liaising with IT and other key personnel
- Complete financial reporting assignments, including preparing the quarterly financial supplement, preparing and presenting balance sheet analysis, validating and entering data, writing disclosures and perfecting formatting of external documents
- Support close coordination efforts, including planning, preparing reports and leading group calls as needed
- Support global account reconciliation administration by performing reconciliation maintenance, providing end user support and performing checks to validate processes
- Provide general ledger support, resolving end user issues, assisting with ledger cleanup and reviewing and approving requests for chart of account changes and prior period openings.
- Process and send out international billing
- Support special projects and initiatives
MUST HAVE / WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Proficiency in data analysis that supports compiling impactful analytics and presentations
- Experience with general ledger systems (Oracle preferred)
- Proficient computer skills, including an ability to leverage software packages
- Strong attention to detail and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse group with cross functional teams
- Ability to work independently and adjust priorities in a rapidly changing environment
NICE TO HAVE
- Insurance or financial services experience at a large multinational public company
- CPA (or equivalent) designation and/or an advanced degree
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including an ability to effectively interact and communicate with senior leadership
- Background in financial reporting and/or public accounting
Travel is limited but could include trips to the company’s corporate headquarters in Richmond, VA and may also include travel to training sessions and ad hoc company events.
WHAT WE OFFER
- We have a real impact on the lives of the people we serve
- We work on challenging and rewarding projects
- We give back to the communities where we live
- We offer competitive benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account options beginning your first day
- Generous Choice Time Off your first full year
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 40 hours of volunteer time off
- 401K Account with matching contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Family Leave
- Child Care Subsidy Program
Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE: GNW) is a Fortune 500 provider of products, services and solutions that help families address the financial challenges of aging. Headquartered in Richmond, Virginia, we apply our nearly 150 years of experience each day to helping people navigate caregiving options and fund their long term care needs. Genworth is also the parent company of publicly traded Enact Holdings, Inc. (Nasdaq: ACT), a leading U.S. mortgage insurance provider. For more information on Genworth, please visit https://www.genworth.com/. From time to time Enact separately releases financial and other information about its operations. This information can be found at https://ir.enactmi.com/.
We know we can’t deliver on our mission unless we deliver for our employees. That’s why we’re committed to creating a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, camaraderie, rewarding work, community involvement, and a focus on our employees’ well-being. We know each employee contributes in their own unique way and we’re dedicated to supporting every one of them to help them reach their full potential.
At this time, Genworth will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Senior Accountant (Remote) ]