Beaverton, OR, USA
Tektronix is a place where people are challenged to explore the boundaries of what’s possible, bringing the digital future one step closer every day. Our work accelerates technological breakthroughs that are revolutionizing culture and industry worldwide. Through precision-engineered measurement solutions, we work with our customers to eliminate the barriers between inspiration and realization of world-changing technologies. Realize your true potential at Tektronix – join us in revolutioneering a better tomorrow.
Tektronix is the world’s leading, single-source provider of calibration, repair and related services for companies with test, measurement and control instrumentation products. We are a diversified global company with a wide variety of job roles in nearly every major market. This means you can do meaningful work that aligns with your interests, values and career goals. Plus, you’ll be part of a vibrant and diverse community of bright, motivated colleagues, mentors and customers around the world – people ready to help you learn, grow and advance in your career.
A few added perks in our Beaverton headquarters!
- Onsite Starbucks coffee shop
- 24/7 complimentary fitness center, soccer field, track and volleyball, disc golf course
- Full service cafeteria
- Community garden
Tektronix offers excellent market-competitive compensation and a broad menu of benefits designed around our employees’ interests.
- 401K with no waiting period to contribute and no waiting period for company matching
- Commuter benefit – Save money on the cost of getting to work with pretax dollars
- Pet Insurance – Medical care at group rates
- Legal Assistance Plan – Fully covered legal services
- Adoption Assistance Program
- Employee referral award program – Receive cash awards for each eligible referral that’s hired (Global)
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Service Assembler to join our team in Beaverton, OR. Assemblers perform both routine and complex work related to the repair of test, measurement and diagnostic equipment. They replace assemblies, modules, and components and install software updates as necessary. The work environment is team-oriented, fast-paced, high-energy and professionally rewarding. Continuous improvement is part of our culture and employee participation is key to its success.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to follow written procedures and instructions
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experienced in the use of basic hand tools, including drivers and wrenches
- Strong attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds unassisted
- Ability to work daily and weekend overtime as necessary
- U.S. Citizen or U.S. Person status required
- Soldering experience
- Familiarity with electronic components
- Experience with automated test systems
When you join Tektronix and Fortive, you will work in an extraordinary team, learning with and from great people, where diversity and inclusion is celebrated. You will have the opportunity to do work that makes a difference in the world. You will be trusted and empowered to contribute in meaningful ways with visibility and accountability. We are obsessed with our customers and have a commitment to transparency, unending learning and growth to accelerate progress and innovation. Join us for the excitement of a startup with a history of success! For You. For Us. For Growth.
This position’s primary/essential functions are subject to US Government ITAR compliance requirements under current government contracts. Therefore, all applicants must be either a US Citizen or a holder of a current valid Green Card and must provide proof of citizenship or legal residency via a birth certificate, a current valid green card, unexpired passport, or a naturalization certificate. We encourage applicants to bring such proof to their interview. However, in no case will applicants be allowed to begin their scope of work in this specific position without providing such proof.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and if applicable a motor vehicle record search and/or financial record check.
Candidates with less education/experience may be considered for other opportunities.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [Service Assembler (Beaverton, OR, USA) ]