Concord, CA, USA
Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery
Fleet Maintenance Manager
A Service Mechanic’s duties include all Preventative Maintenance (PM) work and inspections as outlined in the training manual and checklist. A Service Mechanic will be required to complete light repairs on deficiencies found on the PM Inspection.
Essential Job Functions
§ Complete A, B, C, and D Services per Service Inspection Forms.
§ Inspect brakes and adjust if needed.
§ Inspect, test, troubleshoot, and repair air brake system (leaks and defective valves).
§ Perform brake replacement.
§ Inspect lights and repair as needed.
§ Inspect equipment/vehicle and identify any defects (oil leaks, cracks in frame or supporting equipment, body, and cab)
§ Grease all components with grease fittings.
§ Inspect cool hand and RH arm systems (Hydraulic leaks, worn components, bad hoses, etc.)
§ Inspect all packer systems (Hydraulic leaks, worn components, bad hoses, etc.)
§ Inspect front loader arms and forks, and box tipper if equipped.
§ Inspect roll off truck cable system and cylinders.
§ Inspect tires, loose lugs, mis-matched tires, and alignment.
§ Inspect engine for leaks, bad belts, misfires, and check engine lights.
§ Read and understand electrical wiring schematics.
§ Knowledge of all Diesel Exhaust technologies, diagnoses, service, and repair.
§ Ability to perform minor welding repairs when needed.
§ Completes paperwork associated with repairing equipment, documenting parts usage and accounting for time.
§ Reads and interprets vehicle condition reports and / or repair orders, communicate with supervisors and / or equipment operator for clarification of defects.
§ Follows all safety policies and procedures.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· High school or equivalent (Preferred)
· Minimum of 1 year of prior experience as a technician working on heavy equipment, demonstrating the ability to service increasingly more challenging maintenance repairs. Mechanical Trade School certificate or degree.
· Cummins and Autocar experience a plus but not required.
· Valid Commercial Driver’s License is preferred but not required.
· Maintains a basic knowledge of a vehicle’s mechanical and electrical systems to perform basic preventive maintenance and some repair functions.
· Completes applicable Company training programs.
· Ability to communicate effectively with management and co-workers.
· Must be willing to work well with others and have a team player attitude.
The SEG facility operates from 3:00 am to 12:00 midnight. Our locations include Concord, Pittsburg, and Antioch.
Environmental and Hazardous Conditions: N/A
In most cases, the mechanic will be working on a level concrete floor occasionally working from a ladder or stationary platform. During repairs and inspections to the undercarriage of the vehicle or equipment, you may be required to work on your back on a creeper which will allow you to maneuver easily. Some of your tasks will require you to work on top of the body or inside of the truck body at heights from 4’ to 16’ from the ground.
This is not a full description of the position. MDRR is an equal employment opportunity employer.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Service Mechanic (Concord, CA, USA) ]