130 Riverdale Street, Northbridge, MA, USA
Riverdale Mills Corporation
Available Schedule: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
The Shipping Assistants perform various routine operations to load and unload trucks of incoming and outgoing material to predetermined warehouse locations, maintaining proper order of the warehouse.
Shipping Assistant Required Knowledge, Experience, and Skills:
• Forklift, WorldShip/FedEx and logistics experience required
• Must be able to read and use a micrometer and measuring tape.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Fluent in English.
• Mechanical aptitude.
Shipping Assistant Job Responsibilities:
• Work from customer orders, bills of materials, verbal instructions and established procedures to drive palletized rolls of wire mesh from the warehouse onto trucks.
• Inspect forklift daily against checklist items.
• Operate fork truck safely and properly observing plant speed and safety rules, and perform routine maintenance and minor repairs on a forklift.
• Use extreme care in handling all material and product to avoid damage to material, vehicle, and building.
• May load or unload material manually, depending on size.
• Place material in established warehouse locations to maintain proper order.
• In the absence of the supervisor, check incoming shipments for completeness and accuracy, and follow proper record keeping procedures.
• Occasionally interact with the customers or outside truckers in the course of performing normal shipping and received procedures.
• Use forklift truck for material movement. Various hand tools to make minor adjustments and repairs on a forklift truck.
• May use various measuring instruments to determine wire mesh sized.
• Detect and report improper operation of faulty equipment and unusual conditions to the supervisor.
• Maintain work area and equipment in clean, safe and orderly condition.
• Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
• Maintain quality standards.
• Any other duties as required.
• Sitting on fork truck for extended periods of time during the shift.
• Lifting up to approximately 50 lbs.
• Pushing, pulling, turning, twisting, bending.
• Move heavy weight material such as wire mesh rolls.
Riverdale Mills Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of galvanized and PVC coated welded wire mesh in the world. A privately held company based in Northbridge, MA, Riverdale Mills specializes in the design and manufacturing of commercial, industrial and consumer wire products, tools and accessories for the marine, aquaculture, security, and construction and farming industries. The company’s exemplary quality and manufacturing expertise is known worldwide. Riverdale’s brand names include: Aquamesh®, WireWall®, MarineMesh®, Geomesh™ and Soft-Step™.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), Profit Sharing and Paid Time Off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization this could be your next long term role.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Shipping Assistant (130 Riverdale Street, Northbridge, MA, USA) ]