1012 Center Drive, Richmond, KY, USA
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Part-Time Specimen Processor + Phlebotomist
Specimen Processor is a highly-motivated person tasked with specimen collection of urine drug screens and genetic swabs. Samples will include urine samples, oral fluids, and genetic swabs.
The Specimen Processor is responsible for representing Genotox Laboratories at assigned client locations. The Specimen Processor will perform all permitted activities associated with sample collection, filling out laboratory requisitions, labeling, and shipment to Genotox Laboratories. The Specimen Processor will not engage in any activities for the client office that are out of the scope of specimen collecting. All specimens collected will be shipped to Genotox Laboratories.
- Primary liaison between Genotox Laboratories and clients. Must maintain a high level of integrity, work ethic, enthusiasm, customer service, and
- Will be responsible for following all state and federal laws pertaining to specimen collection.
- Performs proper specimen
- Completes all documentation needed for specimen
- Responsible for daily set-up of specimen transport to Genotox
- Responsible for inventory control of all supplies in client locations. (expiration dates, stocking of supplies)
- Will need to order supplies on a monthly
- Engages in excellent customer service with clientele of Genotox
- Maintains cleanliness of the specimen collection
- Complying with all laws, rules, and regulations related to companies that provided in-office specimen
- Phlebotomy duties if approved by Genotox Laboratories Management
- Draw patient blood samples
- Spin samples if necessary
- Complete requisition forms
- Package and send to laboratory for processing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or GED
· Current Phlebotomist Certification Required
- Accredited 4-year college degree or certificate
- Exemplary customer service skills, laboratory, and/or healthcare
- Attention to detail and ability to complete the job with minimal
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Ability to maintain
- Proficient with Microsoft Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and
- Experience in the clinical laboratory or equivalent healthcare field is
The Specimen Processor must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Ethics: Be honest and trustworthy
- Respect: Be professional and courteous
- Quality: Yield specimen integrity and compliance
- Efficiency: Be proactive and autonomous
- Service: Provide exceptional customer service
The physical demands described in this list must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of a Specimen Processor. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform Specimen Processor functions.
- Work inside a clean, well-lit, and well-ventilated client’s
- While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to talk and
- The incumbent frequently is required to use hands or finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or
- The incumbent is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or
- The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to approximately 10
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
- The incumbent will be exposed to bodily fluids such as urine, saliva, & blood on a daily basis.
- Physician office locations may vary
Sensory demands include the use of the computer, which may cause eyestrain and occasional headaches. The office may be noisy and busy making it difficult for the Specimen Processor to concentrate.
The Specimen Processor will have to manage a number of requests and situations at one time. Stress may be caused by the need to complete the tasks within a timely manner.
Job Type: Full-time
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Specimen Processor (1012 Center Drive, Richmond, KY, USA) ]