Remote (Washington State)
PCF Group is seeking a licensed Structural Engineer that can play a major role in our growth and development plans to build out our new engineering department and help continue our 35% year-over-year growth!
We are looking for a Structural Engineer who understands residential construction and can provide structural oversight and calculations for permit submittals. Our ideal candidate will be a motivated self-starter with a background in wood-framed construction and excellent communication skills who is dedicated, dynamic, detail-oriented, collaborative, professional, and results-oriented.
Our company has embraced the changes we have all been experiencing and believes in flexibility, work-life balance, and personal development.
What’s in it for you:
- Remote/Hybrid work environment: This position will be remote with occasional onsite visits
- Flexibility: Ability to have control over your work hours
- Benefits: Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k w/ 5% company match, PTO, paid holidays
- Stability & Growth: Work for a stable company that has been in business for over 13 years; ability to grow/advance in your role and help build out our Engineering department
- Manage a stream of jobs requiring structural review
- Perform structural engineering calculations for wood-framed and metal-framed structures (decks, patio covers)
- Provide drawing redlines on drafted plan sets per structural calculations
- Revise structural calculations per jurisdiction comments, and provide response letters to jurisdictions when needed
- Review (“Firewall”) early-stage projects for structural feasibility/completeness
- Stamp structural calculation packages and associated drawing sets
- Coordinate with Sales/PM/homeowner regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and design documentation
- Complete project responsibilities within scope, budget and schedule
- Review sketches and plan sets for completeness and accuracy
- Maintain all revisions of project drawings
- Effective communication and project management; follow up as needed throughout the permitting process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Washington State Professional Engineer’s License
- 3+ years of professional engineering experience – 2+ years of construction industry experience highly desired
- Work from internally-produced design sketches, specifications, and plan sets
- Specify structural members and spans to meet applicable building codes
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain business relationships with all levels of key-related companies, the decision-makers at these companies being a primary focus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- High level of accountability and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Working knowledge of Google Suite products (Gmail, Drive, Gchat)
Nice to Have:
- Intermediate knowledge of Revit, SketchUp or AutoCAD
- Professional certification in architectural, civil, and mechanical drafting
- Working knowledge of construction and permitting processes
- Knowledge of building codes, zoning codes, stormwater management, and land development is useful
- Entrepreneurial drive to develop and expand existing workflows and client bases
- Organized and detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task effectively–proven accuracy and follow-through
- Cheerfully and adeptly manages competing priorities; adapts accordingly based on organizational needs
- Enjoys conducting research to gather information and identify solutions
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you today! Our hiring process that you will go through is an example of the type of organizational process and procedures that we employ throughout our organization. This ensures that we are always hiring the best of the best, while simultaneously providing you the same opportunity to make as good of a career decision as we are seeking to make.
PCF Group is an equal opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, veteran status, marital status. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Structural Engineer (Remote (Washington State)) ]