Glen Ellyn, IL, USA
Village of Glen Ellyn
The Village of Glen Ellyn’s Public Works Department is currently accepting applications for temporary, seasonal summer help positions. The purpose of these positions is to provide general labor assistance to maintenance crews during the summer months. Duties include performing outdoor forestry, utilities, and street maintenance and repair, as well as trash removal and painting. Training with vehicles/equipment and familiarization with department operations will be provided upon hire.
- Assists crews with related maintenance activities, including tree trimming, branch chipping, excavating, watering and tree removals
- Assists crews with related activities, including sign fabrication, sign posting, pot hole patching, street repairs and barricade maintenance
- Assist crews with related activities, including catch basin repairs, storm sewer cleaning, and hydrant flushing
- Performs minor equipment maintenance, including washing, waxing, vacuuming, cleaning and lubricating
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and assignments, including floor sweeping, window cleaning, site weeding and community special event activities
- Performs courteous and responsive customer service in the field
- Performs miscellaneous tasks and assignments, including painting blacktop sealing, fence staining and minor repairs to lift stations and water pump stations
- Assists crews with water and sewer related maintenance activities
All employees must be at least 18 years of age at the time of application, and must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Candidates must also possess a valid Illinois driver’s license at the time of application.
The duties of this job include physical activities such as stooping, kneeling, standing, reaching, climbing, walking, some heavy lifting and/or moving of heavy items; grasping, talking, hearing/listening, seeing/observing, and repetitive motions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus. Employee occasionally works around vibrations and noise, moving mechanical parts, confined spaces and underground trenches, heights, and is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme outdoor temperatures and weather conditions. Steel-toe safety shoes are required. (Village does not provide shoes, but will issue an allowance to offset a portion of the cost pursuant to policy).
The work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm from approximately May through August. Candidate must be willing to work occasional overtime, including weekends and holidays, if circumstances warrant.
The pay offered for this position is $15.00/hour with no fringe benefits. Returning employees are eligible for an annual pay raise of $1.00/hour, up to a maximum hourly rate of $18.00/hour.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested candidates should submit a completed employment application (click here) to email@example.com. Candidates must indicate (Job ID #06-22 “Summer Seasonal Help-PW” in the subject line.
- The position is open until filled; however, review of applications is ongoing at this time.
- The selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, as well as a post-offer medical physical and drug screen.
Candidates requiring reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact Human Resources at 630-469-5000.
THE VILLAGE OF GLEN ELLYN IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Summer Seasonal Help – Public Works Department (Glen Ellyn, IL, USA) ]