Homewood, AL, USA
SSC SERVICE SOLUTIONS
- We have an opening for several full-time TECHNICIAN, FLOOR positions.
- Location: Samford University, 800 Lakeshore Dr., Homewood, AL 35209. Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T; schedules available on 2nd and 3rd shifts, including weekends.
- Requirement: Floor experience preferred.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment, and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our greatest asset. By utilizing our associates’ knowledge and experience alongside SSC’s extensive training, providing supportive management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.
SSC Services for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and throughout the Compass world.
Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Cleans patient areas and facility floors to promote environmental safety and patient satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cleans patient rooms as required; cleans beds with approved disinfectant.
- Collects soiled linen; dusts and/or mops floors, washes walls, cleans bathroom fixtures, collects bio- hazardous trash, and performs high dusting, using various cleaning chemicals and disinfectants as required, cleans and maintains equipment, maintains daily report of rooms cleaned and submits to department supervisor.
- Vacuums/cleans patient care areas, public areas and offices as assigned.
- Ensures safe care to patients adhering to policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Dust mops, damp mops, and/or vacuums floors as assigned; buffs or extracts carpet; strips and waxes floors as scheduled; cleans and maintains entrances as assigned.
- Moves furniture as requested; cleans upholstery as scheduled; removes trash; cleans equipment and performs meeting room setups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 248324
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW [TECHNICIAN, FLOOR (FULL-TIME) Several openings @ Samford University ]