22 Whittier Street, Newton, NH, USA
Prepares machine body by cutting, trimming, grinding, fabricating and ultimately welding components.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Join together metal components or fabricated assemblies
- Cut, trim, or grind metal objects to dimensions per layout, work order, or blueprints
- Operate plasma cutter and oxy/acetylene torch
- Operate hand grinder, power tools, saw, and ironworker
- Operate welding machine and carbon are machine
- Set up and fit up components
- Build fabrications to blue prints holding tolerances
- Perform finish welding
- Operate machinery including vertical bandsaw, punch press, and Bridgeport
- Work independently and with a team
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area
- Welding certificate preferred
- Aluminum welding experience preferred
- Working knowledge of welding techniques
- Knowledge of materials and welding wires
- Usually assigned to one area but must possess the ability to perform in several areas and will be assigned to several if required.
- Work requires decisions using ingenuity, initiative and sound judgment.
- Personal protective equipment is required.
- Compliance with all applicable occupational health and safety required
- Basic mathematical skills
- Parts preparation skills
- Rigging/hoisting operations
- Forklift experience
- Stick, gas, mig welding experience
- Familiar with respiratory equipment
- Capable of wearing a supplied-air respirator without restrictions and performing work duties while wearing respirator
- Prolonged periods of standing on concrete flooring
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds unassisted
- Pushing/pulling/crouching/crawling/laying to assemble machinery
- Walking, bending, kneeling, climbing
- Working at height on occasion, ascending/descending ladder or stairs
- Repetitive motions that may include the wrist, hands, or fingers
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment where loud noise is present
It is the policy of the company to attract and retain the best qualified employees. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified internal or external candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or veteran status as a special disabled veteran, Vietnam Era Veteran, or other qualifying veteran.
The Company offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Welder (22 Whittier Street, Newton, NH, USA) ]