Tulsa, OK, USA
The Welder is responsible for set-up and operation of advanced welding equipment. This position uses expertise to solve problems and eliminate scrap, rework and downtime while effectively repairing defective products. The appearance of the repair work must be at an acceptable level and meet high quality standards. The Welder is also responsible for making sure all work is done to specification. A successful candidate is a self-motivated multi-tasker that utilizes a strong work ethic to ensure all quality levels are met.
- Plans details of working procedure.
- Inspects finished product for completeness and conformance to all quality assurance procedures.
- Safely operate all advanced level welding equipment.
- Set up, troubleshoot and make advanced adjustments welding machines as needed to maintain good
- production and quality.
- Participates in improvement planning – modification of weld procedures to increase safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to pass the following test: 3G Open root double bevel test. Must have a 1/8” to 3/16” gap between the plates with no backing. The first pass or root pass is a MIG(GMAW) then second pass “hot pass” is MIG (GMAW) or fluxcore (FCAW) then finish out the rest with FCAW Multiple passes on the outside cap
- Minimum two years welding experience using MIG (GMAW) and Fluxcore (FCAW)
- Required to obtain weld certification to AWS/ANSI standards
- Basic Math skills
- Must have a firm understanding of volts and amps and be able to adjust accordingly
- Basic data entry skills for maintenance breakdown calls
- Capability to read and interpret blueprints, work order instructions; weld symbols, and operate required
- tools involved in position
- Good problem solving skills, safety practices and attention to quality
- Must understand and follow the quality policy and procedures – detect defects
- Must follow all safety policies and procedures
- Must be able to handle small parts
- Troubleshooting skills
- Able to consistently maintain production averages at or above the expected standards
- Leadership Ability
- Ability to coordinate and communicate effectively with all departments
- Must be able to handle physical, repetitive work and be able to stand on your feet for 10 hrs a day
- 6 months of previous material handling experience or equivalent knowledge
- 2 to 5 years weld experience
- Basic safety training
Westerman, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, disability or veteran’s status.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Welder (Tulsa, OK, USA) ]