130 Riverdale Street, Northbridge, MA, USA
Riverdale Mills Corporation
The Machine Operator will perform a variety of standard operations to operate a computer controlled welding machine to produce welded wire mesh to meet production schedule requirements, meet all quality specifications, perform set-ups, changeovers and assist with routine maintenance. The Machine Operator does not physically perform the welding, the machine does. The Machine Operator’s responsibilities and requirements are listed below.
Please indicate what shift you prefer.
Requirements for Welding Machine Operators:
• High School Diploma required or its equivalent with 2-5 years of experience as a machine operator or very good mechanical aptitude.
• Must be able to work independently.
• Must be detail oriented and organized.
• Maintain a clean work area.
• Lifting requirements up to approximately 50 lbs.
• Maintain high levels of efficiency and quality.
• Good mechanical aptitude.
Welding Machine Operators will:
• Work from specification sheets, job orders and verbal instructions.
• Ensure that all wires are properly positioned for feeding into the welder.
• Maintain continual visual inspection of product and process for proper positioning, welding, and cutting.
• Clean and maintain welding electrodes on a regular basis and make minor adjustments to machine as needed
• Perform and record prescribed quality checks.
• Inform supervisor of any processing or operating problems.
• Remove welded rolls of mesh from rollers.
• Palletize finished rolls.
• Monitor wire field.
• Perform general preventative maintenance task.
• Help other machine operators as needed.
Riverdale Mills Corporation is one of the largest manufacturers of galvanized and PVC coated welded wire mesh in the world. A privately held company based in Northbridge, MA, Riverdale Mills specializes in the design and manufacturing of commercial, industrial and consumer wire products, tools and accessories for the marine, aquaculture, security, and construction and farming industries. The company’s exemplary quality and manufacturing expertise is known worldwide. Riverdale’s brand names include: Aquamesh®, WireWall®, MarineMesh®, Geomesh™ and Soft-Step™.
We offer an attractive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, a dental/vision, 401(k), Profit Sharing and Paid Time Off.
Riverdale Mills is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
If you are a proactive person who takes pride and ownership in your contribution, have excellent attention to detail and want to be part of a growing organization this could be your next long term role.
CLICK ON JOB TITLE TO APPLY JOB NOW @ HIRE A VETERAN JOB BOARD → [Welding Machine Operator – 2nd & 3rd Shift (130 Riverdale Street, Northbridge, MA, USA) ]